Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM (FX)
I didn´t mean direct cooperation in lenses´ design, actually I don´t think they do this. But look at the two brands: They rule the DSLR business, no doubt about it (Sony cannot brake it till they are able to offer comparably big collection of lenses of high quality). When there´s two of you de facto controlling the serious photo market business, would you resist the temptation of closing secret deals on things like prices, tech.development tempo etc. ?  No, I´m not drinking, these things have already happed:  not just the historic event of infamous Phoebus treaty but also the recent cases such as  http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-573387...ce-fixing/  ....and I strongly believe that the case was certainly just a tip of iceberg to "leak out" in the business world. 

Now don´t you find it "interesting" that CaNikon actually haven´t had direct DSLR competing models for years...? In the past, 5D mk II  dominated with the resolution of its fabulous sensor but lacked modern AF and "reportage speed" abilities....which D700 model could offer. Today, the situation is exactly the opposite: Want to have reportage speed? Go for mkIII..... Want fabulous resolution of great landscape camera which is not that suitable for reportage?  D800 is here.... 

I also have some knowledge about the japanese society and peoples´ thinking in general and in the context of this message I can tell you they have a very strong sense for secret alliances on many levels, really a great number of them are latent racists despising Euro-amercan people and take it as their right to "secretely cooperate" to defeat EU-US business..... but OK, I will stop here. And I want to point out that I don´t hold the opinion of the principle of collective guilt. :-)

Messages In This Thread
Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM (FX) - by Martin_MM - 02-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM (FX) - by Martin_MM - 02-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM (FX) - by Martin_MM - 02-25-2013, 01:31 PM