Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Hydrogen smartphone ...
Quote:Just in case this wasn't clear - I was not so much referring to the smartphone itself but the option (or potential) of using interchangeable lenses and/or sensors.

The smartphone itself - well - it's just another smartphone. Honestly smartphones don't excite me anymore - they are all pretty much the same plus/minus a little.

I'm with you, to me the gimmick has worn off. I only have a few apps left on my phone.

I agree with Rover, the only real issue that comes to mind with modern cameras (and electronics) is batteries. I have an OLD powershot a-something that takes 4 AA batteries. While it's been beat to hell, I still grab it as a pocket camera. With the 4 batteries in it it last months without needing to change them, and you can change them just about anywhere in the world. 

My current Samsung smartphone may be upgraded soon because the battery has seen much better days. I also think entropy happens on smartphones; it just seems they get slower over time. To many updates leaving to much crap behind?

Other than that I think for the mass of us, cameras are pretty darn good and there's really not a reason to upgrade, like their was many years ago. Sure, newer and better is always around the corner, and faster today than years ago. I used an Oly 2n till it self destructed, and went to an Elan 7, which lasted until I went digital.

Messages In This Thread
Red Hydrogen smartphone ... - by Klaus - 08-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Red Hydrogen smartphone ... - by stoppingdown - 08-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Red Hydrogen smartphone ... - by Guest - 08-03-2017, 02:09 PM
Red Hydrogen smartphone ... - by miro - 08-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Red Hydrogen smartphone ... - by Rover - 08-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Red Hydrogen smartphone ... - by Klaus - 08-03-2017, 10:19 PM
Red Hydrogen smartphone ... - by mike - 08-03-2017, 10:47 PM
Red Hydrogen smartphone ... - by mike - 08-03-2017, 10:50 PM
Red Hydrogen smartphone ... - by Klaus - 08-03-2017, 11:46 PM