Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contax 645 Camera Problem, Please help! :)
I have a Contax 645. I have the battery grip for it so I power it with 4 rechargeable AA batteries.

The problem: sometimes without any explanation the yellow exposure scale in the viewfinder goes blank. The f/ numbers and shutter speed info disappear in the viewfinder and the whole camera goes blank. I try to press the shutter button but all I can hear is a clicking noise. I keep trying and all of the sudden the viewfinder is back and I can see the exposure, shutter speed, etc. I have tried to change the batteries and replace them with freshly charged ones but I don't think that the low battery is the problem. I have another Contax 645 and that works without problems with the batteries.

Did this ever happen to you? How can I fix it? I can't rely on the camera if it just decides not to show me exposure, shutter speed, etc info. It always comes back but some times it takes 4-5 minutes... What to do?

Thanks for helping!
Pardon me for suggesting you go elsewhere but historically i've not seen many contaxt users on photozone. However, I know quite a few current and former users can be found @

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/55
I agree. There are not too many users around, unfortunately. I have tried other forums as well but it is the same there as well. I just hope that there is somebody here in this forum who once used this camera and would be able to help me...
[quote name='haring' timestamp='1357419931' post='21289']

I agree. There are not too many users around, unfortunately. I have tried other forums as well but it is the same there as well. I just hope that there is somebody here in this forum who once used this camera and would be able to help me...

[/quote]

well, i'm no contax user, but your description sounds like some electrical failure, you describe it as if the camera goes dead, i.e. looses power. Given that the body most be old, a simple point where electric equipment fails is poor contact with the batteries, the contact points may be corroded. Clean them, use even sanding paper. I have a remote control that fails occasionally, until I rotate the batteries a couple of times (which rubs the contacts), and it works again.
[quote name='photonius' timestamp='1357423636' post='21290']

well, i'm no contax user, but your description sounds like some electrical failure, you describe it as if the camera goes dead, i.e. looses power. Given that the body most be old, a simple point where electric equipment fails is poor contact with the batteries, the contact points may be corroded. Clean them, use even sanding paper. I have a remote control that fails occasionally, until I rotate the batteries a couple of times (which rubs the contacts), and it works again.

[/quote]

Photonius, thanks soooo much! I will go through all the contact points for sure!!!