Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rubber grip gets loose, what tape to use?
Hi All,

I think most of you have experienced the rubber grip of your camera coming loose. I have the same, but unfortunately for the Canon EOS 50D the Dutch Canon repair centre is out of parts for the 50D, at least these parts.

I have browsed Ebay and the internet and am not able to find the right one. I have bought two rolls of expensive double-sided tape at the local DIY-store, but the grip came loose again. I have tried glue, but that sucks instead of sticks and makes the rubber rigid. And I don't want to use glue, because when the camera needs to be repaired, you can hardly get it off.

So, does anyone know what kind of tape DOES work well with rubber?

Best wishes,

Reinier

Quote:Hi All,

I think most of you have experienced the rubber grip of your camera coming loose. I have the same, but unfortunately for the Canon EOS 50D the Dutch Canon repair centre is out of parts for the 50D, at least these parts.

I have browsed Ebay and the internet and am not able to find the right one. 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-50D-Fr...xy7MtRvi8s

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREESHIP-Genuine...Sw5cNYc0of
Hello Brightcolours,

Thank you for the links. But it is not the hand grip, but the left side grip and the thumb grip on the back of the camera.

And the set which is for sale, is without the tape, it seems.

The lady from Techrepair advised me to try and cut the tape from a different camera model and see if I can make it fit for the 50D. So, that's what I try first. Hopefully that will work better than the tape from the DIY-store.

Kind regards,

Reinier
At my DSLRs, i changed the ”leather” (which was very bad quality on Contax) against real leather an d used double sided tape for carpet fixation. The German brand name is TESA. It's still in place. I used the original leather patches as samples and cut leather and sticky tape identically

Another idea would be Sugru, but I only did the buttons on my Fuji with it. Get the Sugru thin enugh could be a challenge.