Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 announced
http://www.tamron.jp/en/product/lenses/a032.html

Tamron's own MTFs don't look that great though. A fast f2.8 standard zoom lens remains a challenge it seems.

I sow this lens too. I remembered the old good time when Tamron 28-70/2,8 was very good lens – lightweight, durable and around 500DM-> 250..270Euro

This one looks like elephant in a china shop.

I know it is common practice nowadays. Modern 35mm systems are monstrous.  The success of 35mm format was because camera ware small, reliable with decent IQ. Result was -> millions people buy and use them – from sunny beaches to the highest mountain.  

Quote:I sow this lens too. I remembered the old good time when Tamron 28-70/2,8 was very good lens – lightweight, durable and around 500DM-> 250..270Euro

This one looks like elephant in a china shop.

I know it is common practice nowadays. Modern 35mm systems are monstrous.  The success of 35mm format was because camera ware small, reliable with decent IQ. Result was -> millions people buy and use them – from sunny beaches to the highest mountain.  
Lenses are getting bigger, there's no getting away from this, as more elaborate designs are needed to resolve well enough for the modern sensors with large pixel count. The old Tamron lenses are nothing to write home about from the optical standpoint - just check out the reviews of the 17-35 and 28-75 on FF. The 24-70 (which adds stabilization and proper focusing motor, by the way) runs circles around either, and that's at 21-24 MP.
At least 24mm and 70mm look pretty close.