•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EOS 6D II and 200D (Rebel SL2) announced
Another question to ask: where are the lenses that were supposed to be announced alongside these cameras? Smile
Sorry, but the 6D Mark II is a real joke.
It looks like a pretty nice camera to me. Just not one for those who feel a camera needs 14 stops of DR at ISO 100 in its RAW.

To be fair it looks like the sensor in the 5DMKIV is getting much closer to the performance of the Sony sensors used by Nikon and of course Sony, but from the info out there (not much yet) the 6DMKII hasn't really upped the game like it's more expensive sibling,which is nonetheless a pity!

Both Nikon and Canon are deliberately leaving out features etc. so as not to undermine their own range of cameras and price structure........not in my opinion a wise policy when you have ML snapping at the heels of this older technology!
Dave's clichés
The 6D mk II has about the same DR at base ISO as the 6D and the Nikon D5. 

Quote:The 6D mk II has about the same DR at base ISO as the 6D and the Nikon D5. 
  Unfortunately that is not much of a reference....... there are many who have IQ issues with the D5, a LPF which give softer results than the D500 with 12.3 Ev dynamic range.. 1.7 stops less than the sharper D500...in my view Nikon let things slip a little..counting on low noise and speed as it's stock in trade!

I wouldn't mind some of the D5's lower noise though..

Just read DP's review...hmm well !

Dave's clichés
I do not care about weak LPF's... And there are many who use the D5 as a professional tool. The drooling over such high DR values is done by tools Wink

Not to defend Canon, but since camera news now have a huge coverage, and the least issue is exaggerated, remember D200 banding ? now they are making a story of rolling shutter, then there's the dynamic range, in film days negatives had larger exposure latitude ( ok ok it's not dynamic range but something a little close to it)  than slide film, yet many preferred slide film, dynamic range isn't the only thing to consider

Negative colour film also had a bigger DR than colour slide film. Back then we also liked contrasty images.

On Dpreview a quite simplistic approach 80D vs 6D MKII 

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/004988...-i-upgrade

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next