Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: SLR Magic Hyperprime LM CINE 50mm T/0.95
I'm not a videographer, so the reviews I produce are clearly from a photographer's perspective. I'm not familiar with video cameras at all, but as Klaus already pointed out, M-mount should be fairly easy to adapt to any other mount.

The lens was designed with videographers in mind, that's for example the reason why it is quite a bit larger than the Noctilux, to adress vignetting, which was wanted to be as low as possible. That's of course also the reason why the lens has a stepless aperture (which requires some getting used to on the M9, you can't change the aperture without looking at the scale, there's no haptic feedback).

The lens will be available in two versions. Both have M-mount, but the pure videographers edition doesn't feature the rangefinder coupling and thus will be a little more affordable. Anyone wanting to adapt this lens to a video camera or a mirrorless does not read the coupling, while on the Leica M the lens is not much fun without it, of course.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: SLR Magic Hyperprime LM CINE 50mm T/0.95 - by mst - 05-07-2012, 09:24 AM