Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report - Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm f/4-5.6 ASPH OIS.
[quote name='joachim' timestamp='1333279326' post='17255']

Hi Klaus,

I am under the impression that the 12-35/2.8 is something like a moving target: 4 month from now, for quite some time. If that impression is correct, I am a bit inclined to take that as a confirmation that a fast zoom for contrast AF is not so easy, even for Panasonic. Also a 12-35 is not a 12-60.

(...)

Joachim

[/quote]

Joachim,

I don't really see how it would be that much more difficult than focusing the 25mm f/1.4, or 12/2 or any other faster lenses for that matter but I don't know anything about lens design ;-).

Rather than engineering issues, I'm thinking of several reasons it's taking its time : -it's easy to show mock ups and to trap a few people in doubts (and I'm sure at the time of mock ups, they're positive it can be built *most of the times*).

-it's not going to be a hot seller right now, even later. So pairing it with the proper camera? We're still seeing the same issue as early MFT days, collect the base market, then the enthusiasts. I think the 7-14mm/4 was an accident.

-time to organize the production and perhaps to be able to stick to a decent time-to-market.

Looks to me as if there's no rush for them at all.

Just my 2 cents of course,

-Sylvain

Messages In This Thread
Next PZ lens test report - Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm f/4-5.6 ASPH OIS. - by Sylvain - 04-09-2012, 07:09 PM