Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reviews
i think you lot here should do reviews of phone cams - everyone is using them -

i know it's hard to take me seriously, but it's so quiet here today -

anyhow, recently a couple asked me to take their picture with their phone cam - well they had their backs to the light, faces in shadow, and behind them was a bright beach, but that's what they wanted - so i took the shot (unfortunately i couldn't see what was on the screen in the light, but i did see the picture fly away after the button press)

- well they looked at the shot and said it was dreadful - so i tried again and the picture was still awful - it was so embarrassing - maybe they can recover the picture in phone cam post

an update - just a little more thought on this .... obviously if the phone had a flash, or if the people would have moved into the light, ok .... but the reason i've scribbled this down is that out and about a great many people are taking pictures with phones, and amongst the young it could be almost 100% .... so although we'd like to hope for something better this seems to be a fact
[quote name='asnwd' timestamp='1327759416' post='15274']

i think you lot here should do reviews of phone cams - everyone is using them -

i know it's hard to take me seriously, but it's so quiet here today -

anyhow, recently a couple asked me to take their picture with their phone cam - well they had their backs to the light, faces in shadow, and behind them was a bright beach, but that's what they wanted - so i took the shot (unfortunately i couldn't see what was on the screen in the light, but i did see the picture fly away after the button press)

- well they looked at the shot and said it was dreadful - so i tried again and the picture was still awful - it was so embarrassing - maybe they can recover the picture in phone cam post

an update - just a little more thought on this .... obviously if the phone had a flash, or if the people would have moved into the light, ok .... but the reason i've scribbled this down is that out and about a great many people are taking pictures with phones, and amongst the young it could be almost 100% .... so although we'd like to hope for something better this seems to be a fact

[/quote]

well, the lighting conditions you describe are sure challenging, even for a dSLR, what you would need in these situations is either a powerful fill-in flash (anything on a mobile phone won't do), or manual exposure correction, which maybe some phones offer?