Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 HSM DC ART ...
... arrived in da lab.

Let's see whether there's still life in APS-C DSLRs ...

Quite a nice surprise to see you testing this one.

I am actually considering it.

Can you do please some focus accuracy tests, since that's the main problem I am fearing with this lens.
Focus accuracy of a certain lens is very dependent on which camera body you test.

I thought you were going to skip this one. Waiting for the review, this is probably a very cool unit.

But the tripod mount looks iffy, like some old Nikkor lenses of yore.  Wink

The lens is heavier than most plastic bodies behind it...  Big Grin it's just not to rip the mount screws out of their threads

I was under the impression that this lens is more likely to find itself on some of the more high-end (= robust) bodies like D500, 7D Mark II or even 1D Mark IV than on the SL1 or whichever Nikon is equivalent...

Might be, but the lens is also availbale in Sigma mount. That means, for the sd quattro and sd quattro H. These cameras have a comparably small area round the tripod mount. I'm sure nothing would break, but the lens is better balanced with it's own mount.

However, this goes for the most of the Art-bricks.  :wacko: this one is 1.5 kg. Happy workout, Klaus  Big Grin

Well, you want performance, you be prepared to handle big lenses. (Favourable) exceptions apply, of course, but they're only there to confirm the rule. Smile

Oh, I'm absolute happy with my Art lenses. My back is not, but who cares  Rolleyes? I just would like to know where's the limit for Sigma to put a tripod foot underneath. I was not aware that the 50-100 is the heaviest Art lens currently available.

Quote:I thought you were going to skip this one. Waiting for the review, this is probably a very cool unit.

I didn't want to ;-) but my usual rental shop had a couple in stock.