Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK
Sendung back a body and a lens is "no problem" to you? Well, in that point we might have different ideas of "no problem". BUT: Although I bought not grey, that doesn't mean, all my Nikon stuff just was fine. Here Nikon itself created the problems, be it design, assembling or adjusting. The repairs went smooth, but very lengthy and only after I asked for a lens to replace a new 300/4 PF E because they were waiting for spare parts from Japan, I got an 80-400.

Of course, the 300 was so new and all lenses had the same flaws.

Long story short: a genuine warranty by the manufacturer and the official importing seller don't mean "no problems at all".

I just don't want to have a third acting party in between. Here in CH I send the items in trouble directly to the import service, be it Nikon (3 years warranty, needed twice) or Sigma (lifelong annually service, parts are extra), Fuji (don't even know how long the warranty is). With a grey import, it could be that the manufacturer tells me to send the item to the seller and let them deal with it. Meaning: You probably wait a wee bit longer.

There are dealers here in CH who are better stocked than the official import service.

And dave, you're wrong in terms of "...and in the case of Nikon/ Sigma/Tamron and many others, their warranty "isn't transferable" to you anyway...": the warranty of Nikon is for the product, it is not personalized to the seller. So all my buyers of my used gear got the rest time of the warranty. The only "non-transferrable" part was the registration of the items to their "My Nikon" account. But since there are no benefits from that... Nikon's idea of "attractive offers" is like 50 francs less than their official price which is still 100-150 more than the normal street price.

Messages In This Thread
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by eggybread - 05-26-2017, 07:45 AM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by davidmanze - 05-26-2017, 09:30 AM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by JJ_SO - 05-26-2017, 10:01 AM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by davidmanze - 05-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by davidmanze - 05-26-2017, 11:40 AM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by eggybread - 05-26-2017, 02:36 PM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by eggybread - 05-26-2017, 06:01 PM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by davidmanze - 05-27-2017, 03:48 AM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by eggybread - 05-29-2017, 10:34 AM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by davidmanze - 05-29-2017, 10:41 AM