Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best system for light and sharp wide angle lenses? Any on Sony E?
[quote name='jenbenn' timestamp='1317379151' post='11993']

Ansel Adams wouldnt probably be regarded a great photographer nowadays as his subjects have been photographed by trillions of other, quite often in better light and with a better composition. However, he still rules as a print master. You will struggle to find equally well executed B/W prints with comparable presence and tonal graduation now adadays. Considering that Ansel lived in an analogue world where B/W printing required spending days in darkrooms and adjusting the print with paper masks without being able to see the end result, his achievments are truly impressive. Whther you like B/W landscpae shots or not is a totally different matter, of course. Taste is free of critizism.

[/quote]

Still his subjects/composition (and deep DOF that was praised above) does very little to me.

Other photographers from his period I find much more inspiring and artistic, whether they made as good a prints or not does not really come into the equation for me.

Another point worth to make in this aspect is that a shallow DOF was not really in the tool box many decades ago. Lenses were not yet of a quality that one had the freedom we have now without serious back lashes from all kinds of aberrations. Above it is suggested that good/great photographers put as much of a scene/image as possible in focus. That is of course not true. Some, do, others don't.

Messages In This Thread
Best system for light and sharp wide angle lenses? Any on Sony E? - by Brightcolours - 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM