Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electronic component dependencies of DSLRs
People in forums usually combine the electronic parts of old and new body versions or across models to speculate on the functionalities of a new DSLR body... But I suspect that some of the basic components of a DSLR may not be so easily compatible with each other. I mean, we (the ones who are not electronic engineers), could combine the old AF & metering sensors with the new sensor and A/D conversters easily... But is it so? What are the dependencies? To what extent are these basic electronic parts (sensor, A/D converter, AF & metering sensor etc...) compatible with each other?

Serkan
Sorry, but I'm unable to make up my mind about your post.

Please rephrase your question.

One example:

- People in forums usually

Maybe I'm not up-to-date but I haven't come across a forum yet, where a large part of members are tweaking their cameras by messing around with AF-sensors. Not to speak about people replacing them.

As far as I know neither you nor I are native english speakers. Maybe this is just some language relatet mix-up, false-friend-syndrome or the like.

Ciao, Walter
Funny... Of course I don't mean "physically"... just during discussions people tend to speculate about the combinations of electronic parts/elements of DSLR bodies...

PS: What is a "false-friend-syndrome"?

Is this a