Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which macro rail do you use?
Which macro rail do you use? Is it important to buy an expensive one? How should I decide which one to get?

Thanks!
It's not important to buy an expensive one, although expensive ones are generally made better. The best you can get are probably the Novoflex ones.

Personally, I own the simple Novoflex one plus a Manfrotto specimen. You really need two or a single combo which allows you to shift not only backward and forward but also sideways, as it is too awkward to shift tripod etc. with camera accurately to the left or right too, not only backward and forward. IOW, I use them cross mounted.

This also means that a heavy and sturdy tripod is very important - it needs to be stable even if you have shifted the camera away from the column centre, in any direction.

HTH, kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Thanks a lot!
I think I will get one around $150.....not too cheap but not too expensive...