Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Camera Manufacturers Need to Learn from Fuji
"when Apple or Google release major OS updates for the phone or a tablet you bought a couple of years ago, does that make you excited? I am sure the answer is a definite “Yes”...

No doubt the authors think I wait with bated breath for Micro$oft updates too.  Not!  I agree with Joju that he is way off of the mark with that comparison.  Apple, and Google seem to me to be aggressive and controlling in the revisions of their products.  I don't know how much applies to other parts of the world.  Governments, no doubt, have laws that may not allow all of the same practices that go on in the U.S.A.

But I don't want to be negative about Fuji, Olympus, and any manufacturer that actually wants to improve the experience for their customers.  I totally agree with the sentiment of the OP.  I also agree with toni-a.  I think it is really self-defeating to cripple features in software just to try to instill a sense of neediness is the purchasers of the basic software.  What kind of philosophy is it to punish your customers, instead of tying to help them and encourage them to do their best work? 

Messages In This Thread
What Camera Manufacturers Need to Learn from Fuji - by davidmanze - 03-26-2017, 07:24 AM
What Camera Manufacturers Need to Learn from Fuji - by Guest - 03-26-2017, 11:56 AM
What Camera Manufacturers Need to Learn from Fuji - by Arthur Macmillan - 03-27-2017, 11:21 PM
What Camera Manufacturers Need to Learn from Fuji - by davidmanze - 03-31-2017, 03:44 PM