Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Camera Manufacturers Need to Learn from Fuji
Quote:I think I second many "critic" comments on this thread, but my evaluation is really related to the nature of the firmware improvement. For instance, there is a set of "things" that are borderline between "bug" and "feature", and I'd like to see them corrected.

For instance: with the a6000 you can have three presets. Really useful, as I programmed #1 for stills and #2 for objects in motion. Useful not only because there is a lot of things that need to be different (priority mode, shutter, aperture, focusing mode, etc...), but also because there are circumstances in which you're shooting at landscapes and all of a sudden a flock of birds approaches, and it's possible you simply don't have the time to quickly change each setting.

For stills I want to have the auto-focusing command separated from the shutter, so I can focus and recompose; for objects in motion I want them activated by the trigger at the same time. Well, the relative setting is not part of the presets  Sad. When I fast switch I also have to navigate to a specific menu item, and lose seconds.

For Sony it's a feature, for me a bug. It wouldn't cost but a little to fix it in a firmware update, and I would have appreciated it.

There are many more instances like that where Sony's presets just fail. For example one of my presets are set up for Flash Studio Photography. However, if you are using any of the preset modes (Doesn't matter what settings you have) you can't have wireless tethering via a mobile device. In the studio environment a mobile device with live view is a pretty useful thing to have, but Sony won't let you have it in the preset modes. Neither can you save the Setting Effect ON/OFF to one of those presets.

You can do the last one with the new a99ii though, finally. Will it come to the older (still in production and on sale) models? Never!

Messages In This Thread
What Camera Manufacturers Need to Learn from Fuji - by davidmanze - 03-26-2017, 07:24 AM
What Camera Manufacturers Need to Learn from Fuji - by Guest - 03-26-2017, 11:56 AM
What Camera Manufacturers Need to Learn from Fuji - by obican - 03-31-2017, 01:31 PM
What Camera Manufacturers Need to Learn from Fuji - by davidmanze - 03-31-2017, 03:44 PM