Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon G11 replacement
I'm not so familiar with Panaversum, but LX 100 appears to me not the same as DMC-ZS100/TZ100. The latter has a 10×zoom starting from 25 mm equiv.

I know, NFC is useless for Apple stuff and the WiFi connection of all apps - Nikon, Fuji or CamRanger - sometimes can happen at 1st try, but usually more attention and patience is needed. Usually it sucks.

The Sony has this hidden EVF which is an advantage in bright sunlight. I need to grab some of these cameras to get a better idea of.

Weird, weirder, Panasonic: Tried to find and download a manual. For TZ 100 I could have one in bulgarian, croatian, slowenian, latvian - but no german  :blink: Also a website of literally dozens of models turns down my interest quickly and I don't know why.
EVF is good for bright sunny days but little known (that never get mentioned in most reviews) fact is that Sony cameras also have a Sunny Outside mode for the rear screen that boosts it to ridiculous brightness and contrast which makes the rear screen easily workable even under direct sunlight on a beach. 

Quote:the thing with a smartPHONE is, that it's baiscally meant to make phonecalls.

Just got back from a couple of weeks vacation in Asia.

I am staggered with the IQ from the wife's iPhone 6s. It is no wonder that with an effective zoomability of 35-80mm people are just using their Smartphones. So no, phones are no longer meant to just make phone calls. You must thinking of the Nokia 3310. Smile

As for your question I'd say if you can live without the articulating screen you can do everything you want with a J5 + 10-100mm. You can get one for 620€, nowadays.

I took the V1 and V3. The J5 is said to have better IQ than the V3 but for me the V3 has significantly more “pro” features that I like/need. I have the J5 also but don't use it much since I got the V3.

Hey, maybe I can off load the J5 to you? Great camera, really.

V1 + 32mm at f2 and ISO 800
Yes, smartphones are GREEEEEAAAT in terms of IQ, I just don't want one  Tongue e basta!

And I haven't said I don't want a fully articulating screen but I HAVE said a couple of times that I don't want another system camera, e basta again! B)  I'm not interested in more "pro" features which usually are a simple distraction.

So, no, you need to find another customer for the great camera out of a time when Nikon was not in full hibernate mode. I once was interested in the Nikon 1 system, not any more. I read they're restructuring management, so another bunch of students needs to earn more money, = more lenses made in China, more bugs, more useless action cameras and nothing to be seen for a 100 year Nikon birthday.

How about an iphone JoJu?

Then you could have apple et pasta!

Bah alors.... et basta!  Tongue

It seems that you ware happy with G11.

The questions is do you want to play with somenthing new?

If not , why not buy G11 from ebay at fraction of your target price?

I'm already looking for G11 or G12, alternatively also a Nikon P7800, as the OVF of a G11/12 is a joke.

I opened the camera out of curiosity and had to admire the way Canon's designers did their job - especially when I saw how tiny the sensor really is  Big Grin