Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ Lens Test Report: Nikon AF 85mm f/1.4 D (FX)
Hi Markus,

Thanks! It does look again like we see the real performance of this lens as it really is now, being tested with high MP cameras sporting a relatively less agressive AA-filter. For the type of lens, I think it is an excellent one, it doesn't get all that much better.

Regarding the focus shift: I reckon if you can micro-adjust the AF of this lens a little, you won't notice the focus shift in real life anymore, as it seems to be only millimetres (even if it persists till F/5.6). I don't know if that is an option of the D3X however.

Regarding LoCas I do have a request. Could this please be called by its official name of spherochromaticity from here on? The reason I am asking is that I see a lot of confusion in other forums about this; people think it is just a form of standard CA and that it can be corrected easily. As you state, it can be corrected, but not easily, as it requires a fair amount of masking work and specifically addressing parts of colour channels, while normal CA correction one can do at the touch of a single slider on Photoshop and other PP software. Using the official term for this may help in alleviating the confusion.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
Next PZ Lens Test Report: Nikon AF 85mm f/1.4 D (FX) - by wim - 08-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Next PZ Lens Test Report: Nikon AF 85mm f/1.4 D (FX) - by nosingchum - 08-10-2010, 02:16 PM