Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about battery that comes with Canon 5D mark ii
[quote name='adifrank' date='20 July 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1279654153' post='1173']

With laptops I've been told that it is a good idea to completely drain the battery and then charge it up to full

again every month or two. As I've understood, if you don't do this the battery's capacity slowly diminishes.

[/quote]

This advise comes (very likely) from times when NiCd batteries were used

much more. It completely applies to them and to my knowledge even metalhydrate

batteries do last longer with this practice (albeit they do not have the memory-effect

like NiCds) Lithium-Ion batteries can be recharged often, even if they are not drained

out (in fact they live longer if you recharge earlier) ... important thing is, not to overcharge

them (but this applies to all sorts of batteries). On the other side, 3rd party batteries

are quite affordable, and I wouldn't use original batteries in my camera, so I usually

use a battery until the camera says it's empty, then recharge it.

Messages In This Thread
Question about battery that comes with Canon 5D mark ii - by adifrank - 07-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Question about battery that comes with Canon 5D mark ii - by Rainer - 07-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Question about battery that comes with Canon 5D mark ii - by scottburgess - 07-21-2010, 08:41 AM