Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sigma macro's AF inaccuracies call for new optic!
All the lenses you mention there are great!!

Especially the AF-S 200mm F2............a dream outside portrait lens with fabulous bokeh!

The moon shots are always fun..........please post a link to the result!
Is there any connection between any of these random, rambling posts and "Sigma macro's AF inaccuracies call for new optic!"?

Trying to regain some order, Sigma ART lenses can be tweaked.

However, Sigma's macro ART lens (70mm f2.8) is not available, and will not be available, in Nikon F-mount. This is due to technical reasons in making AF work properly (I was told this by Sigma Japan).

*THE* macro lens for Nikon-F is last year's ("F017") Tamron SP 90mm f2.8 AF VC lens.
(06-10-2018, 04:17 PM)D900 Wrote: Is there any connection between any of these random, rambling posts and "Sigma macro's AF inaccuracies call for new optic!"?

Only that they originate from the same author!

More off topic: Johann Sebastian Bach and Glen Gould were a marriage made in heaven!
Hi David! I decided after a recent windfall to get the 200 F2. I will buy it next week along with another
 D500 body to dedicate to it. I will hopefully post a portrait from it soon.

I am excited...I have always wanted a really nice Nikon prime telephoto. I decided to take the plunge
 because my daughters age 10 and 14 deserve the maximum grade optic. They are beautiful and I want
them to have images to match for when they are older. It will serve well when they are acting in plays too!

Best wishes!