Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Zeiss Batis is coming
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ0Xq_2A3lX/

I'm expecting a sensibly sized 135/2.8 for around 1200$. 

Which means I'll probably buy it. Minolta 135/2.8 is one of the lenses I use the most often.

Is it the Zeiss Batis line where Tamron filed the patents on?

Not officially but they have patents which are pretty much similar to the Batis line. 

My bet is on a 135mm f/2.4 for 1500$

I was thinking about an f/2.5 one. Smile Let's see who's going to get it right in the end. Smile

Okay, why not join the betting? I would like to mention that Zeiss sometimes uses odd FL (like 25 mm, 100 mm, 180 mm) but rarely - if at all - odd apertures. So my guess is rather f/2.8 or f/2.0, but not f/2.4 or 2.5  ^_^

Quote:Okay, why not join the betting? I would like to mention that Zeiss sometimes uses odd FL (like 25 mm, 100 mm, 180 mm) but rarely - if at all - odd apertures. So my guess is rather f/2.8 or f/2.0, but not f/2.4 or 2.5  ^_^

My Flektogon 35/2.4 would like to have a word Big Grin 

Btw, Zeiss uses odd focal length but the thing is, they pretty much always use those. I don't think they ever made a 24mm or a 20mm lens, except for the Sony/Zeiss 24/2 SSM. All else have been at 21/25/28mm, except a few of their zooms.
Flektogon is Zeiss Jena at GDR era, yes?  Tongue I'm sorry, this era in this state was a lot of improvisation because there was always missing raw materials.

In Oberkochen, they went this 15 / 18 / 21 / 25 / 28 path (28 is not that exotic, but the others are) with a 16 mm fisheye, if I remember well. Btw. I didn't realize they made a 200/2 Apo Sonnar  Huh boah. At the time, my dream was a 180/2.8 Sonnar which would have cost me half a year's income  Sad

Let's get the sweepstakes running. Tongue

Speaking of the "odd" aperture values: just recently we got a 85/2.4 Loxia. Not sure if that might mean anything for another product line though.