Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shutter life true expectations
Quote:of course you understand those are not all landscape photos, many are covered events and there are several weddings a full wedding is at least 2000-3000 shots.
... so what you are actually doing with all these shots then?
Quote:... so what you are actually doing with all these shots then?
a typical wedding here that's at least 500 prints
Quote:I suppose most of us are in the same boat.

I still need to sort out the photos from my honeymoon trip from 2007!

Yes. I shoot more than I can post-process (the problem not being really in image post-processing, that's fine, but in culling, tagging, archiving). Anyway: that's good for filling rainy days! <_<

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
You only have to post process images you are actually going to do something with...

Quote:You only have to post process images you are actually going to do something with...

That's the problem: culling. Because in some circumstances I shot many variants and it takes time to pick the best one. Post-processing is not a problem, because these variants mostly share the same post-processing settings (so I can work on one and then copy-paste the settings to others).
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
I've only had 1 shutter ever fail. It was on an Oly Om-G (OMG!). I suspect this was more of a defect driven failure than use.

believe it or not my only shutter failure was on film camera

Since we're at the subject... Any up-to-date tips on how to verify the shutter count on recent cameras? (that Chinese utility doesn't work for me Smile)
http://shuttercounter.com

https://www.camerashuttercount.com

Hum... thanks but neither seems to work with the images from the Canon cameras I have access to (my 1D Mark IV or the wife's 650D). However, I did learn along the way that my wife's old Sony NEX camera had 125514 shutter actuations - and I was wondering why it's so battered. Smile