Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Voigtländers: Macro APO Lanthar 110mm f/2.5 and Skopar 21mm f/3.5
Rainbow 
Klaus, looks like you're in luck!

Looks like the dreams of seeing the APO Lanthar 125mm reborn are coming true, even though someone stole 15mm along the way...

[Image: 1605016.jpg]

... probably to cook another new lens, the 21mm f/3.5. It looks like a variation on the theme of the old 20mm f/3.5 for the SLR (not the design, mind you - I know nothing about whether the layout is similar - but the ideology of a small, moderately bright wide angle).
[Image: 1605017.jpg]
yummy - although the 100mm stf eased my pain in Sony E land at least ;-)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Not much more in there but it's the official stuff

http://www.cosina.co.jp/cp2018/CP2018%20.pdf

(03-01-2018, 09:37 AM)Rover Wrote: ... probably to cook another new lens, the 21mm f/3.5. It looks like a variation on the theme of the old 20mm f/3.5 for the SLR (not the design, mind you - I know nothing about whether the layout is similar - but the ideology of a small, moderately bright wide angle).
[Image: 1605017.jpg]

Rather, a variation on the "Voigtlander Color Skopar 21mm f4" theme Wink

http://joerivanderkloet.com/the-voigtlan...ar-review/
I think this makes sense - you either want a really fast ultra-wide - something like a f/2 at least - OR you don't really care about speed in which case even a f/5.6 is perfectly fine.
PERSONALLY I would love to have one or two ultra-wide pancakes. The Voigtlander 10mm/12mm/15mm go a bit in that direction already.

Well I have used voigtlander color skopar 20mmf 3.5 on 5D mkiii and on 750D, I can't say it's not a good lens, it's small yes, but not lightweight, build quality is amazing, on 5Dmkiii it's as good as canon 16-35f4 IS, an on 750D I didn't find any superiority over 15-85 I was using, of course I didn't do any formal tests like Klaus does, but I didn't find its price justified
As owner of a Sony camera, it's pleasing to see all the new lens announcements for Sony mount, especially from Voigtländer whose 65mm macro is highly praised on fredmiranda forums.

But I'd like to hear an interview of Voigtländer where they explain how they come up with unusual focals like 65mm or 110mm.
(03-02-2018, 12:02 PM)toni-a Wrote: Well I have used voigtlander color skopar 20mmf 3.5 on 5D mkiii and on 750D, I can't say it's not a good lens, it's small yes, but not lightweight, build quality is amazing, on 5Dmkiii it's as good as canon 16-35f4 IS, an on 750D I didn't find any superiority over 15-85 I was using, of course I didn't do any formal tests like Klaus does, but I didn't find its price justified

I think this is more of a Voigtlander than a general issue. At least the 10mm and 12mm don’t have the best reputation.