Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT
Quote:Am I assuming correctly, that there's no automatic diaphragm as well?

I could live with manual focus, but Laowa ist just making everything lowcost and lowcomfort. I consider them as too expensive for what they offer.

And while you appear to look at the "build quality" as "is it made mostly out of metal?", I usually take a side look on disassembly sites or my own disassemblies. The Laowas may be made out of metal, but for me build quality goes beyond materials. Just saying.4 tiny screws made out of lowcost brass to fix the shift mechanism of the 15 mm macro, it's supercheap plastic lenshood leave me sceptical to Laowa.

I can't disassemble lenses in order to evaluate the internal structures.

When you buy a car, you don't disassemble it either but you still get a quality perception during driving.

Of course, that is subjective. 

The aspect that I'm most sceptical about with the Laowas isn't the construction itself but centering. After all even the big boys struggle here. And I do mention centering in the reviews.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by Guest - 02-20-2017, 02:21 PM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by Klaus - 02-20-2017, 09:39 PM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by davidmanze - 02-21-2017, 09:54 AM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by davidmanze - 02-21-2017, 11:02 AM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by davidmanze - 02-21-2017, 06:17 PM