Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT
Just mentioning ... the Sigma 85mm received 5*. 

It is not just about metal. I would have no problem to give 5* for an all-plastic lens (well, the mount should be metal) if I had the impression that it is tough and fulfills all the criteria. At the end of the day it is a check-mark list:

- does something wobble (no)

- is there an inner lens tube that moves (no)

- does it have a constant physical length during focusing/zooming (yes)

- does it feel hollow (no)

- quality perception of the used materials (very good)

- weather sealing (no)

- quality of the lens hood (very good)

- how smooth are the control rings (a bit tight)

- does it have electronic coupling (no)

- is the AF decent enough (n/a

I am slightly surprised though that you started the discussion with the Laowa but not with -say- Fuji. Fuji has usually a high quality perception as well whereas the internal construction seems to be soso at best (plus centering issues as well). Locally they don't even bother repairing them.

Personally I would also never touch a Tamron lens. They have my zero confidence vote. Yet for the reviews I have to put that personal opinion to the side lines and provide a rating according to the criteria that we defined.

I agree, however, that this is a subjective category. 

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by Guest - 02-20-2017, 02:21 PM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by Klaus - 02-20-2017, 10:24 PM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by davidmanze - 02-21-2017, 09:54 AM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by davidmanze - 02-21-2017, 11:02 AM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by davidmanze - 02-21-2017, 06:17 PM