Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Markus please stop dreaming of a D900 and update tests to a D850. I loved the D3x too
(03-26-2018, 08:50 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: lenscore.org ? They appear to stopped their project in March 2017, but so far they tested a lot of new lenses. For that, they set up a rig witha 200 MP sensor and some optical device in front  to be able to test independent from camera sensors. Although I'm not sure if that approach is entirely good, it's one which treats all lenses equally.

lenscore.org ... I would be much less sceptical if they anywhere included or disclosed photographs of their actual setup, with this 200 MP custom sensor and special achromatic lenses (introduced in the optical path?!).

This is because "seeing is believing".

Surely if they are intelligent enough to have come up with this test system, they are also intelligent enough to realise many cynics will see this as potentially just an exercise in weighted random number generation...

Surely they do know how to take photographs.

So, why didn't they put up these photographs of their impressive-sounding rig?

I apologise for being cynical.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Markus please stop dreaming of a D900 and update tests to a D850. I loved the D3x too - by D900 - 03-29-2018, 04:12 PM