Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exotic lenses and vintage lenses which ones could be interesting ?
(03-27-2018, 10:15 AM)Rover Wrote: I consider my Sigma 14mm and "exotic and vintage" lens, since it's a film design from the late 90s anyway (and it's a miracle that they chose to add their freshly developed HSM to a frikkin' ultrawide, seeing as how many people are still saying that there's no need for AF in an UWA at all). Other than that... I really want to find that Industar I've seen kicking around in my parents' cabinet years ago. Adapt it for the heck of it if I ever feel the urge to go lo-fi. Smile

I think we have the basis of an extremely powerful business relationship here Rover...

You buy me all the super cheap exotic lenses you find in cardboard boxes  ......... and I'll send you links to all the overpriced exotic ancient lenses that I find on ebay!  

The famous Industar...
          Yep, lo Fi indeed!............................ the Russian Trabant of the optical world.

It's most annoying feature was the aperture ring.......it was "cleverly" fitted to the focus ring and was stiff to turn..........so after focusing the camera through it's dim viewfinder wide open to see anything.....you then had to prevent turning the focusing ring in order to turn the aperture ring which wanted to turn the lot!
      It was remarked by many Zenith shooters using the Industar and used to these inconveniences....

.........that the Trabant was an extremely advanced car indeed!

Optically it wasn't bad at all, I used it as an enlarger lens (Leica thread 39mm) where it served me very well!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exotic lenses and vintage lenses which ones could be interesting ? - by davidmanze - 03-27-2018, 12:16 PM