Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sigma 85mm f/1.4 ART is ...
... actually not too shabby at 50mp ... ;-)

Klaus, did you just tried to post the review, or vent out excitement about the lens?

He' s galloping around to escape portrait situations  :lol:

Quote:... actually not too shabby at 50mp ... ;-)
It'd better be. I think it was one of the most eagerly awaited lenses in recent memory.

35/1.4 was a bit smaller than the competition, 24/1.4 was similar, 50/1.4 was kicking away (at least, but not only) the competition in size and weight. It was to be expected the 85/1.4 would continue this trend but at the end it happened top be bigger and heavier than I was hoping for. It's even heavier than the 20/1.4, which remains home a lot of time.  Sad

It's strange, I also was waiting to replace the purple fringing collector (Nikkor 85/1.4G) against a good and decent portrait lens. But this one, although great, doesn't trigger any gear acquisition syndrome.  :mellow:
Quote:It's strange, I also was waiting to replace the purple fringing collector (Nikkor 85/1.4G) against a good and decent portrait lens. But this one, although great, doesn't trigger any gear acquisition syndrome.  :mellow:
I think your wallet (and your significant other) would be thankful for that. Smile

My wallet hides in a dark and dusty corner since it sees me watching fanboy videos of Fuji GFX... so stupid, what would I do with such a thing?

Enjoy taking pictures with it? beware... behold...  :unsure:

But seriously: all FF lenses get bigger, heavier and more expensive. The Nikon 105/1.4 is not that far away from a Fujinon 120/4 in terms of weight and price. The body... okay, double the price of a normal non-grey D810, but format aside, the Fuji has some features I'd have to wait long time to get from Nikon.