Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma AF 30mm f/2.8 EX DN is broken - help needed!!
Sammy's problem lens is an Art lens. Not a dated glass fossile.  Blush And I doubt that Sigma stopped to service any of these two, neither the 30 mm nor the APO 300 mm. In Sammy's thread opening was no single word of a firmware update, so I wonder why you bring up a different issue, but it appears that any problems are welcome to you as long as it's bad for Sigma.

Also, I can get spare parts of a 20 year old Gitzo, but some accessories don't work together with a current one - it's just normal and the stealth name of these processes is "innovation". Don't blame me...  Angel

In any way, incompatibilities are no specific issue to few manufacturers but to the whole market. I doubt there will be a Nikon D980, there are many patents of lenses for a curved sensor = mirrorless = DSLRs will not increment any longer. But you know what? Sigma's unique decision to offer not only a dock but also a lens conversion service will become rather interesting in the future - getting a native mount is much cooler than working with adapters, I hope. I'm quite happy with my investments in this brand.

Feel free to keep on working on a bad reputation for Sigma, without any experience with Art or Sports lenses (you didn't buy the 150-600 from Sigma, if I recall correctly?). And I keep on teasing you in this attempts, nothing better than foolproof routines and discussion patterns  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sigma AF 30mm f/2.8 EX DN is broken - help needed!! - by davidmanze - 05-14-2018, 09:23 AM
RE: Sigma AF 30mm f/2.8 EX DN is broken - help needed!! - by davidmanze - 05-14-2018, 09:59 PM
RE: Sigma AF 30mm f/2.8 EX DN is broken - help needed!! - by davidmanze - 05-15-2018, 08:33 AM
RE: Sigma AF 30mm f/2.8 EX DN is broken - help needed!! - by JJ_SO - 05-15-2018, 04:54 PM
RE: Sigma AF 30mm f/2.8 EX DN is broken - help needed!! - by davidmanze - 05-16-2018, 05:54 PM
RE: Sigma AF 30mm f/2.8 EX DN is broken - help needed!! - by davidmanze - 06-13-2018, 06:46 PM