Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon mirrorless system end of the month ???
Klaus, all the brands you listed WERE incomplete at day one (maybe not as incomplete as the Nikons are rumored). So, at the beginning and from the start, these adapters played and still play a role (in GFX system is also enough empty space in the line-up to justify fringer adapters). And what about the speed-boosters for µ4/3?

Sony never would have had the success without (!) adapters. And as a Canon, Olympus/Panasonic and Fuji tester you don't know Nikon menus very well. Consistency, comprehendible logic is not perfect, but way better than the one I know from Fuji or Sony. I didn't switch to Nikon 1 (which you also forgot to mention in terms of adapters) because I needed lowlight capable sensor(size). Paying high prices for a tiny body with shortcomings? Flagship camera always changed design in each iteration?

Same for µ4/3, lowlight is just not the field they excel. Fuji complete? Really? Where are the long tele primes? The 200/2 is a start after a long wait. The 16-50 as a "Bread and butter" lens? Check the test results...

Sony's line-up may have been more complete, but lensrental's lens teardowns (at the beginning), reports of bad and/or expensive service plus quality issues put some question marks on my "switch-to" list. Today it's different but I don't feel in a rush to decide. Let's see what Nikon draws out of the hat before we judge. I'm pretty sure I will not buy a mirrorless Nikon at day one. They messed up the 1 system and they still have the same old heads in management, so all chances to mess up their new attempt as well. But none of the systems you listed is a valid alternative to me. Canon EOS? That's only a matter of taste, I find the bodies ugly as hell. But their concept works for a majority of users so it can't be wrong. Fuji? So many quirks really spoil my fun with their system. Going Sony and let a couple of Sigmas getting changed the mount? Maybe. First I'd like to rent one. Difficult as the items are in high demand (I wonder why...)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nikon mirrorless system end of the month ??? - by miro - 07-05-2018, 10:23 AM
RE: Nikon mirrorless system end of the month ??? - by davidmanze - 07-06-2018, 07:58 AM
RE: Nikon mirrorless system end of the month ??? - by davidmanze - 07-06-2018, 01:08 PM
RE: Nikon mirrorless system end of the month ??? - by davidmanze - 07-07-2018, 06:23 AM
RE: Nikon mirrorless system end of the month ??? - by JJ_SO - 07-07-2018, 07:36 AM
RE: Nikon mirrorless system end of the month ??? - by davidmanze - 07-08-2018, 10:28 AM
RE: Nikon mirrorless system end of the month ??? - by davidmanze - 07-08-2018, 03:32 PM
RE: Nikon mirrorless system end of the month ??? - by davidmanze - 07-08-2018, 11:19 AM
RE: Nikon mirrorless system end of the month ??? - by davidmanze - 07-09-2018, 09:55 AM
RE: Nikon mirrorless system end of the month ??? - by davidmanze - 07-09-2018, 11:43 AM
RE: Nikon mirrorless system end of the month ??? - by davidmanze - 07-09-2018, 08:17 PM
RE: Nikon mirrorless system end of the month ??? - by davidmanze - 07-10-2018, 10:43 AM