Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon mirrorless is official now
Miro, you personal opinion doesn't reflect the reality, that nearly all existing DSLR lenses can be used with the adapter. It's no coincidence that this device is available right from the beginning - something Sopny had not and Fuji can only dream of as there were no FF or APS-C lenses around, they had to build everything from scratch. This leads to the well known gaps in Fuji eco-system.

And instead going the very long way and build a complete new system, before coming up with some special things which will face more competition in the future, it's a suprisingly smart move from Nikon to come up with a yummy AF lens which other manufacturers don't offer, but apparently some people would sell their grandma for (probably they will have to sell her and two arms and two legs for the lens - but it's availalbe, while a 33/1.0 is still a wet dream for Fuji fanboys for a long while).

One can argue about the fundaments of a MILC system. I see the fundaments in two bodies. three, soon four genuine lenses and 5 dozen adaptable genuine lenses plus all available third party lenses. All new lens designs like the long 180-400, 300 and 500 PF were for sure developed for two mounts. If Sigma can do mount conversions for one brand to another, I don't see a reason why Nikon can't do that with all the new E lenses.

And Fuji can prepare it's way into insignificance. After years and years of development they still need to rely on religious fanboys, searching desperately for any Pro using Fuji just to hide the fact that no Pro is using Fuji cameras without one or two backup systems.

"The majority looking into new camera is existing are DSLR users" - first, that sentence would make some sense as "The majority looking into the new cameras are DSLR users" and second, what's the big news of this statement? DSLR users age with our systems, some like yourself are still using old or elder models - which people should look into new MILC systems? The smartphone users sending gazillion of their stamp-size pictures into timelines, feeds and what else? No, these people just recognize a big camera and then conclude about the owner's photographoc abilities...
(08-16-2018, 07:37 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: Miro, you personal opinion doesn't reflect the reality,

Thanks for replay,
I have few questions, since this forum does not accept multiple quotes I will replay few times -)
How you make analysts and conclusions? Please correct me if I'm wrong, the product will be announced at 23 Augustus. After that we will know the specs and later will come the product. A little bit later will be the first reviews , then customers starts to buy or not buy this product.
You replayed  at 08-16-2018, 08:37 AM  - taking as reference my world time zone :-)

(08-16-2018, 07:37 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: it's a suprisingly smart move from Nikon to come up with a yummy AF lens which other manufacturers don't offer, but apparently some people would sell their grandma for (probably

Conclusion is based on what? Do you have any base?
Please belive me - Nikon have smart senior guys with huge experience they made a bunch of meetings, risc analyzizs etc. etc At least 100 smart guys ware involved with mirrorless transition. And even them are not sure that this is a smart move.  

Personally I can make such statement at least 10 years after family announcements.
talking about Nikon smart moves. Heare are mine
  1. Nikon 1 that was an smart move isn't it? - actually looked smart at the beginning. I was big fan of it.
  2. And here is number two. Nikon action camera- kind of GoPro
lets stop talking about sad staf, lets talk about somethink funny.
What about Nikon D850. I know that you ware involved with the search journey too. Can you shed some light on this topic?

Why I'm not so enthusiast in this topic? In the Netherlands we have sentence - Results from the past are warranty for the future.
Oh I forget to mention another fact - Nikon was pushed away from semiconductor lithography business long time ago, but reasons ware different.

(08-16-2018, 07:37 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: "The majority looking into new camera is existing are DSLR users" - first, that sentence would make some sense as "The majority looking into the new cameras are DSLR users" and second, what's the big news of this statement? DSLR users age with our systems, some like yourself are still using old or elder models - which people should look into new MILC systems? ...

Dont count me in system where I have to work with converters. In this case the new technoly requires new infrastructure.  It is like selling a cars while ste streets are still for horses.
 - the optical design is different. The new nikon MILS mount gives more freedom for optical design
 - The actuator requirements are different - The camera must shoot still, sport and video. That is why nikon and canon has at least 3.....5 different motor technologies in their lens lines. Not because they are stupid.lens firmware upade according to ciustomer/ne camer tech/ needs

(08-16-2018, 07:37 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: The smartphone users sending gazillion of their stamp-size pictures into timelines, feeds and what else? No, these people just recognize a big camera and then conclude about the owner's photographoc abilities...
This story is never ending at the begin was Large format film vs MF and 35mm film
Later was Film vs Digital. a little bit later DSLR vs mirorless, and in near future Mirroless vs smartphone.
My opinion. Photography is art that involves technology . At current state of technology - there is no correlation between camera and picture quality. . Any decent smartphone has capability to produce good technically images. The rest depends on photographer
Just briefly a reply (a replay is something else): "Results from the past are warranty for the future." well, then the information of Nikon rumors.com should be rather promising. May I ask you about your personal encounters with Nikon seniors? "Nikon have smart senior guys with huge experience they made a bunch of meetings, risc analyzizs etc. etc At least 100 smart guys ware involved with mirrorless transition" - you know any to these 100 guys personally? Or you just guessed a number?

Nikon maybe suffered of these old dinosaurs pretty much although it's a good thing not to run after each new fashion. There's a Df with a questionable target group and a questionable concept of usage. The new compact class was cancelled. Although the 1 was a promising system, the old guys failed to keep track with attractive features: Two new features in, three good features out - that's not the way buyers deserve to be treated. Then a couple of mishaps like badly aligned AF modules, a new 58/1.4 with outstanding field curvature, a 300/4 PF with terrible problems with VR, oil on the shutter, white spots on the picture, all battery grips are more expensive than chinese cheapos, unfortunately not of better value. The old senior brigade is, as in a lot of other industries often the source of wrong decisions - or worse, no decisions.

No one has to buy an adapter. No one has to buy the Nikon FX MILC. No camera - DSLR or else - will stop working on August 23rd. I'm very interested in it but as they bring it in 2 different, but same bodies, I'm not in a hurry and like to decide after trying it. A couple of cameras I bought as they were announced and it was well worth the fun. This time I hope to be a bit more patient. A couple of them I still own - why should I give away the D810 and loose 50-60% of money? It's shutter is outstandingly silent in normal mode. Why should I give away the D850, as it's the best all-round camera I ever had? To lose again 50-70% of money?

And let's not forget an important economical thing: We amateurs and hobbyists usually finance a new item by selling an old one. The D810 is currently at half the price I paid for and the D850 will soon go the same path, if not worse. My question is, even if the Z6 and Z7 get good reviews and are truly worth their money: Are they worth a big financial loss, too? Who's gonna buy "outdated" and yesterday's state of the art DSLRs? Not to mention the older ones? Will they become inhabitants of dusty second hand vitrines? Probably yes - but thanks to the adapter the more expensive glass will still work.

What I read about the first impressions of beta testers was, the AF is on par with the latest of Sony.
If you don't want to wait until Friday 23rd: the first real photos are leaked at Nikon rumors - so far it were often only digital mockups or renderings with more guesswork than anything else.

They look nice, this new bodies, as well as the lenses. Next step for me is waiting until the manual is ready to download and find out what and how they do.
In what year will friday the 23rd of August be? ;-)
The cameras look like they should: Nikon controls without the mirrorbox, and a new, wider mount which gives bigger aperture optics more room for less vignetting.
A shame no (really) big aperture prime has materialised (yet), but at least Nikon has covered the basics for a more compact than DLSR body (iow street photography), a 50mm f1.8 and a 35mm f1.8. And of course a standard zoom.

Not a bad start for this new line.
I haven't been using any Nikon gear for 10+ years but it looks pretty interesting, and slick, even though the button layout on the back is on the cramped side. Let's see if it's a "me-too" knee-jerk reaction product like the Canon EOS M line was/is, or it evolves to something more than that.
(08-22-2018, 09:32 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: In what year will friday the 23rd of August be? ;-)
The cameras look like they should: Nikon controls without the mirrorbox, and a new, wider mount which gives bigger aperture optics more room for less vignetting.
A shame no (really) big aperture prime has materialised (yet), but at least Nikon has covered the basics for a more compact than DLSR body (iow street photography), a 50mm f1.8 and a 35mm f1.8. And of course a standard zoom.

Not a bad start for this new line.
2019.... Smile
I'm mentally in the weekend already...
Well, the noct f/0.95 is also about to come. Costs two kidneys and an leg, I guess... but at least, Nikon owners will not have to wait until 2020 (like Fuji fanboys, take that!) until Fuji maybe brings out a 33/1.0 (50/1.5 equiv., wow, what a stellar lens that must be... pity, the camera only focuses down to -1 ev, but hey...)
Joju, it looks like you have quite a vendetta against Fuji these days.
Did they burn down your house and murdered your family? Big Grin
--Florent

Flickr gallery
(08-22-2018, 03:16 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: Joju, it looks like you have quite a vendetta against Fuji these days.

Something like that. Occassionally I was on Fuji rumors disagreeing with some of the "trumpy" (equally "ignore the world and make Fuji great again") fanboys. Asking why it needs 3 firmware up- and downgrades and still have no possibility to create a new folder was enough to have Fuji rumors admin delete my posts - even the ones without any criticism. It's basically not a bad thing to get banned by such a talibanic webmaster, but why not just tell the poster "you don't need to write anymore, we already send our dragons for you". Soemhow I don't like censorship and I also don't like dictators even if they smoke Fuji weed on hourly basis.

That's one thing. The other is that Fuji really fails with their Kaizen stuff, is promising lenses in the very far future, comes out with new lenses like a 200/2: Expensive like hell (but in line with FF offerings from Canon and Nikon, just that this lens is no FF), a focus limiter close to useless, the menu system gets bigger with each Kaizen attack but the basic flaws keep on flawing.

And the fanboys still believe in the future of their brand. Okay, after all, that's what fanboys are for...
Wink 
(08-22-2018, 03:41 PM)JJ_SO Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 03:16 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: Joju, it looks like you have quite a vendetta against Fuji these days.

Something like that. Occassionally I was on Fuji rumors disagreeing with some of the "trumpy" (equally "ignore the world and make Fuji great again") fanboys. Asking why it needs 3 firmware up- and downgrades and still have no possibility to create a new folder was enough to have Fuji rumors admin delete my posts - even the ones without any criticism. It's basically not a bad thing to get banned by such a talibanic webmaster, but why not just tell the poster "you don't need to write anymore, we already send our dragons for you". Soemhow I don't like censorship and I also don't like dictators even if they smoke Fuji weed on hourly basis.

That's one thing. The other is that Fuji really fails with their Kaizen stuff, is promising lenses in the very far future, comes out with new lenses like a 200/2: Expensive like hell (but in line with FF offerings from Canon and Nikon, just that this lens is no FF), a focus limiter close to useless, the menu system gets bigger with each Kaizen attack but the basic flaws keep on flawing.

And the fanboys still believe in the future of their brand. Okay, after all, that's what fanboys are for...

The thing is, fanboys are all the same regardless of the brand and domain (photography, cars, clothes, football team, religion, etc.)
It's best to avoid them even if some stuff they write drive you nuts.
I've learned that one cannot have an objective and constructive discussion with a fanboy.

As far as Fuji goes, it might not be perfect, but it suits my needs quite well (along MFT), much better than Nikon. Of course that's just me and we all have different needs and requirements.
There is no point is sticking to a system that you don't like. Life is too short for that!
Now, I'd be quite interested in buying your X-T2 if you are going to sell it, eheh Wink
--Florent

Flickr gallery