•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Nikon Z launched
I just never understood why Nikon does that (well, I think it is to sell more expensive grips). That is all the so what I have, about it.
The EOS R will be introduced tomorrow.
The boost mode on Fuji also only goes to top speed with the grip (and dues to power consumption, that already makes some sense). Without grip, only the AF is a bit better, but no higher fps. I just want to say, it's not only Nikon, but if faster fps is depending on more juice from a bigger battery, that's sort of understandable. For me. Smile
Well, I do not get the "more juice" for the same thing, just repeating itself. And somehow Canon seems to avoid the same thing?
Poor one. Sad If it's 10.5 V instead of 7.2 V some things go quicker or stronger. If Canon has not discover this non-exclusive Nikon secret or the shutters and mirrors of Canon are not made for more horsepowers, then you can still enjoy the fact to be in a bigger company's customers crowd.

Big Grin
So why can you fool a D300 to shoot the faster FPS without the battery grip? Tongue If some things are powered at 10.5 volts instead of 7.2 volts, they burn. Wink
(09-04-2018, 05:56 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: So why can you fool a D300 to shoot the faster FPS without the battery grip? Tongue If some things are powered at 10.5 volts instead of 7.2 volts, they burn. Wink

yeah, the D300 is state of the art latest model *cough*. How about "fooling" a slightly more modern one? I heard, some canons you need to "fool" by magic lantern firmware modification to do what other cameras can do since long time Tongue Big Grin
Doesn't the D300 provide proof that it is not about "higher voltage"?

Does your D850 do focus trap? Tongue
You mean, pointing the camera to one spot, activating the focus trap and hope a bird is stupid enough to land on it or at least fly through slowly enough? Funny, this feature I somehow never missed - and the AF is fast enough to catch them. But stupid me would have said "yes it has" as there's a kind of "focus priority" in the AF settings. It just doesn't act as focus trap, only blocking the shutter unreliably. :/ which also adds the kind of random composition like a focus trap. And your's, can you tap on the screen and it takes a picture? Also kind of randomly depending on skin tone, I guess.
So basically, Magic Lantern adds features other cameras do not have. And yes, my EOS M takes a picture (if you want to) when you tap the screen, they do so since 2012.

Are we done with the pissing contest yet?
Depends on bladder volume Big Grin I thought you already sit and watch LiveStream of Canon?

It was you who started with " I never understood why ppl find it normal that Nikon throttles FPS and 14bit-ness when not using a battery pack, anyway." I just said, 14bit are not at all depending on battery grip.

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next