Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamron 15-30mm G2 coming
https://photorumors.com/2018/08/25/this-...d-g2-lens/

FWIW, two Tamron reviews are planned for September
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
This G2 game Tamron is playing is rather exciting, or at least interesting. I didn't like the look and the optics of the current 15-30 was no reason to exchange the Nikkor 14-24 for it. Pity they are a bit late, my exchange was the Sigma then.
I think it's not unexpected, seeing as how the other workhorse zooms have been updated already. But this, like the 24-70 G2, actually may not be much of an optical update - because the G1 looked pretty darned good as it is. Maybe they're just adding the dock compatibility, improved IS and sealing, who knows. And the styling, of course - I think it looks very cool, like the other new Tamrons.
Honestly ... I don't like Tamrons and those two upcoming reviews didn't convince me either. There's always "something" with Tamrons ...

IDK, the 70-300 was/is pretty cool - especially for the price, and the neo SP lenses have been highly regarded. I have my eyes on the 45 (say... Isn't it by chance among the next batch you mentioned? Smile)
Already? I haven't even seen a G1 in real life so far.
Nope, the 85 is among them.

Hooray.. The 85 has also been on my radar, although the Samyang 85 AF has, again, compounded my calculations. Yeah, I know what you might say - that at this rate I'm going to die of old age and still never get a 85mm prime. Big Grin
FWIW, I also ordered the Samyang this morning ...

Cool, it will be interesting to see how the AF implementation is.