Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EOS R leaked with pictures
https://www.nokishita-camera.com/2018/09/eos-r.html
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Hinged LCD, very nice. In some parts the companies have to share the same suppliers, it appears, and the same ideas. Flange dimensions are very close, just this time it's the other way round. EOS R lenses could be adapted on a Nikon, but no vice versa. None of the three lenses will ever have to be mounted on a Canon... so if Canon users ever wanted a slow 24-70 zoom, too bad. Big Grin
RF 35mm f1.8 IS STM macro <- smart
RF 24-105mm f4 L IS USM
RF 28-70mm f2 L USM
RF 50mm f1.2 L USM

Not bad for a start lineup?
Well, the 24-70mm f/2 will be unaffordable. The 50mm f/1.2 serves a tiny niche. So that leaves 2 reasonable lenses ... that isn't bad?
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
I'm impressed.
Very nice first lenses, much better than Nikon.

All new lenses are small for what they offer.
I see the 28-70 as a collection of f2 primes in one (large) lens. Great for shallower DOF than usual f2.8 lenses.
The 35 is very compact and the 24-105 is even more compact than Sony's.
These lenses will probably be very good optically.

I have to say I'm quite interested in the system so far.
Let's hope it will feature IBIS.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
I doubt the IS, since the two "smaller" lenses have IS?
Adapting to Z will be difficult, as most probably the RF lenses have a new serial communications protocol.
It will be very difficult to bring all the electronics in a 4mm thin adapter ring - which has to transfer the contacts from top to down and make space for another 54 mm big size mount and a lock knob in different directions to unlock. Don't think that will happen soon. However I was referring to the fact that the Z will now be able to take Canon glass which no Nikon (was there an adapter for 1-series?) could in the past.

Does the 35 mm macro also features LED? Otherwise it might become difficult to get the light between camera and subject, no?
I doubt it will have leds (the form factor does not suggest so). The Nikon AF-S 40mm DX Micro does not have LEDs, the Tokina 35mm DX Macro did not have LEDs. That means that even on DSLRs with their big flange distance 35mm macro is doable. I used my old 35mm f2 as 1:2 macro with a 12mm extension tube as well.

Sure, you get closer than with a 100mm. But macro at 35mm is of course possible, it depends on which FOV you prefer and what distance you need which one should buy. 100mm macro is already available.

You probably are correct in that it will be possible to make a an adapter for EF lens and the Z cameras, now that Nikon has gone electronic aperture control too. Most interesting will be access to the awesome Canon tilt shift line up.
thxbb which lenses are "nicer than Nikon"? the y share the 50 and 35 mm (as if they had a meeting about that) The Nikon's 24-70 has shorter range but the MFD is 30 cm in each FL - not exactly macro, but with a bit less problems to light it up. And if that's not enough, there are plenty of MP to crop Wink

But I like Canon's selection as well, some details of the body appear more clever or interesting to me than Nikon's more conventional approach. I'm rather sure, the Canon display features ability to select focus points when in EVF mode.
@joju:

The Canon 35 is much more compact than the Nikkor plus it's macro.
The 24-105 f4 is much more useful than the limited range of the Nikkor 24-70.
The Canon 50mm is f1.2 and small for its aperture. The Nikkor 50 f1.8 is very big for its aperture.
The Canon has the 28-70 f2 which is a first for either Canon or Nikon.
--Florent

Flickr gallery