Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EOS R leaked with pictures
Same functionality perhaps as what you mention with Z lenses, but not the same design feature (extra ring)? It is the same design feature are several "upmarket" Canon Powershot cameras which have a ring around the lens. Do you need to use the aperture ring with Fuji, or can you also set aperture on the body?
There's only one ring at Z lenses to dedicate zo other functions. If it's two at EOS R lenses, all the better.

At Fuji it depends. GF lenses do have an S position which then activates the front dial for aperture change. X-Fujinons only (and unfortunately, also exclusively) allow aperture change by the aperture ring. Only woth lenses with no aperture ring at all, the front dial gets useful, otherwise it's just one of Fuji's redundant function elements.

Notabene, these Fujis are not the first model in a new line. It's designed with purpose, but not with elegance...
(09-03-2018, 11:21 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: There's only one ring at Z lenses to dedicate zo other functions. If it's two at EOS R lenses, all the better.

At Fuji it depends. GF lenses do have an S position which then activates the front dial for aperture change. X-Fujinons only (and unfortunately, also exclusively) allow aperture change by the aperture ring. Only woth lenses with no aperture ring at all, the front dial gets useful, otherwise it's just one of Fuji's redundant function elements.

Notabene, these Fujis are not the first model in a new line. It's designed with purpose, but not with elegance...

On the X-T1 one can't assign a button or wheel to change ISO.
It's a feature that I think many users would like to see implemented (along with auto ISO taking FL into account).
However Fuji doesn't seem to listen.
The front wheel is totally useless except for switching through pictures in view mode.

I was hoping it would have been implemented on more recent bodies. From Joju it doesndo seem to be the case unfortunately.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
I can see a separate control ring on the shown 58mm f0.95 prototype, but I can't discern any such ring on the 3 current lenses? Anyhow, the Canon lenses have a similar control ring as that 50mm f0.95 shows.
As long as the X-lenses don't have the C-position... I still don't get it, actually: If I set the lens to A, it's either in time priority (I choose shutter speed) or program automatic, right? So the camera can adjust the aperture. Why is it not possible for Fuji to put the option of going with front dial to A-mode of the aperture ring? I can set the rear dial to change exposure correction although there's a wheel for that (and only that), I also can set up the rear dial to change shutter speed (although there is... ).

Fuji drove me crazy with all these super redundant crap concept flaws. It's a cute camera, great lenses, but the interface designers are some Windows 3.11 runaways.