Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voigtlander Skopar 21mm f/3.5 E announced
http://www.cosina.co.jp/seihin/voigtland...index.html
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
I do have a problem with a company which makes loads of lenses under various flags - like Zeiss, Voigtländer and others - apparently the reputation of that brand's suffered a lot since they made SLRs, cheap lenses and super 8 cameras. Why could Sigma make a turn and Cosina still needs to buy brand names?

No EXIF, no AF, hardly fast glass - what's the art of making these?
"Sony E mount compatible with electronic contacts, lens usage status is reflected in Exif information of shooting data. In addition, because it incorporates a distance encoder, it supports 5-axis camera shake correction on the camera body side. It is also possible to enlarge the viewfinder by operating the focus ring."

As for the AF - I sort of agree with you although in theory there's a design advantage when not incorporating AF (no weight constraints on the focus group) and, of course, better centering (on average).
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
My Japanese is not very fluent and I was too lazy to googletranslate. Thanks for the correction. Okay, AF is not a necessity on a 21 mm lens (I guess), but still, why using old brand names which only imply something? The lens from Cosina is already pretty good and no German brand name is really needed. 1971 Voigtländer was part of Rollei and 1999 the brand's name was sold to Cosina. Pretty cheap...
(09-19-2018, 10:32 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: My Japanese is not very fluent and I was too lazy to googletranslate. Thanks for the correction. Okay, AF is not a necessity on a 21 mm lens (I guess), but still, why using old brand names which only imply something? The lens from Cosina is already pretty good and no German brand name is really needed. 1971 Voigtländer was part of Rollei and 1999 the brand's name was sold to Cosina. Pretty cheap...

no need for google translate:

http://www.cosina.co.jp/seihin/voigtland...index.html