Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Laowa lenses
Well, the 10-18mm sample is decentered ...
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
And the Irix works again today. Maybe the bike ride yesterday evening shook it loose enough?

Anyway, the 10-18 for Z mount has it's charm, two years before Nikon intends to make a 14-24...

That's were an EVF really shines: manual focus in 100% enlargement.
(10-27-2018, 11:34 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: That's were an EVF really shines: manual focus in 100% enlargement.

Yup, compared to mission impossible on typical DSLR, manual focus with EVF is brilliant. Either magnified or with focus peaking.
Some snaps from the decentered Laowa 10-18mm ...

https://photozone.smugmug.com/Laowa-10-18mm-f45-56/

By showing you, it wasn't all in vain getting up at 3:45am for this ...
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Is it the left side which suffers of decenterring? You're playing with the reputation of OL, like "if a decenterred lens still is able to catch this kind of photographs, it can't be that bad..." Big Grin Fantastic, I like what I see, not because of the lens, but because of some of the pictures. Of which I could not get the info about aperture or focal length. But then, Laowa made it from stone age to bronze age by adding a spring aperture for the 5 aperture blades.

And the oooh-so fantastic 10 beam sunstar highlights. Are sunstars the next hot shit? "You can' have EXIF but you can have 5 aperture blades and 10 beam highlights" Smile better than nothing, or - beware - getting a decenterred copy...
Yeah, I'm amused (and/or dismayed) at the amount of hype swirling around the sunstar issue. For lots of people this has suddenly become the make-or-break issue when choosing lenses. Smile What's the next big thing I wonder? (I tried and failed to find something that would be both realistic and amusing, but I know the internet people will surely find something to agonize over eventually. Smile)