Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Laowa lenses
Ohhh, that cute MFT fisheye ... ;-)

http://www.opticallimits.com/index.php?v...le&id=1048
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Venus Optics are no joke.
Klaus, you will need Laowa department at PZ to catch up with their releases.
The 10-18mm will be here soon.

Great!
It will be good to see how the world looks through 10mm lens on full frame camera.
Looking at the rest of the new lenses the size and weight is definitely a priority in VO lens designs.
No gallery with sample images on their website.
BTW, just in case you missed it - that new macro lens has aperture coupling.

Wow, so Laowa left stone-age and went to bronce? How progressive... Imagine, one day they will discover electric circuits and find out that was quite helpful when someone flew to the moon.
I have a lens (Nikkor-S•C 55mm f1.2), of which specially finished copies flew to the moon (with the help of some Apollo travel gear ;-) ). No electronic circuits in that lens ;-) .
So what? And for how long the Apollo program is finished? Welcome in present times Wink Oh, and the camera the lens was attached to the exposure meter was only mechanical without a single wire?

Nothing against ancient lenses if one thinks he can stick to old looks with an ancient lens (in my opinion not possible if already Ansel Adams regretted the production stop of certain photographoc papers - so even a mostly wireless photographer experienced something like Apple's abandoning Aperture).
Well, it was the only time period that such lenses flew to the moon. You brought up flying to the moon, so that is so what ;-)
(09-21-2018, 10:23 PM)Klaus Wrote: The 10-18mm will be here soon.

Excellent!

Since tonight you have my full attention for this lens Smile

Iris 11/4: second copy, problem with aperture spring lever. Aperture doesn't close down after f/11, I'd say.

And Iris wants to bring this lens as Nikon Z-version: Venus Optics Laowa 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 mirrorless lens for Nikon Z-mount coming in 2019

Which is very good, because Venus brought to my attention: "A photography cannot take a good landscape photo without using a filter.

Now I know what I did wrong all those decades. Beginning with the photography, not me, which cannot take a good landscape photo without a filter.

I can. 
Take a good photo from a landscape. 
Without a filter. 
Happened twice. 

At least I convinced myself...

Big Grin

Lost in translation, I know.