• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meike MK 6-11mm f/3.5 Fisheye announced
For CaNikon classic:
http://www.mkgrip.com/goods/show-257.html
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Lovely translation to English.

"
◆ 6-11mm F3.5 Meke optical lens is a manual focusing fisheye lens designed for full frame and APS frame. This lens, with simple and compact size and sound portability, can represent diversiform images during fast or near photography.
Support to
◆ APS-C

In the update......
"
(10-01-2018, 09:33 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: Lovely translation to English.

"
◆ 6-11mm F3.5 Meke optical lens is a manual focusing fisheye lens designed for full frame and APS frame. This lens, with simple and compact size and sound portability, can represent diversiform images during fast or near photography.
Support to
◆ APS-C

In the update......
"

have seen worst, seems as an automatic translation system used to translate foreigner onto aliens 
during her trip to china my sister noticed this translation error several times
here's a hilarious sign translated to engrish 

[Image: chinese-style-english-2.jpg]

or worst

[Image: server_error.jpg]
There are/were equally ridiculous translation errors to be seen in the Chinese border cities. Smile However, the "other" side is sometimes equally guilty of egregious translation mistakes. "Alien" however is a legit (if dated and seldom used) English term for a foreigner, last I checked - but the movie has killed this way of usage. Big Grin

P. S. The last sign (the one with the "Translate Server Error") actually says "Restaurant" (cāntīng). Smile

Re: the lens, I wonder how much this is going to cost. I probably wouldn't even try it but it may be an interesting alternative for those who can't or won't buy the Canon/Nikon 8-15mm fisheyes.
in my book, this lens or another fisheye is a must have, why not, it's dirt cheap and produces a very special effect, i n a wedding I barely take 5-10 pictures with a fisheye out of several hundreds, not a single time the couple wasn't impressed and asked for prints of fisheye pictures.
I'm slightly wondering what this lens is about. At 6mm it is probably a circular fisheye but what happens if you zoom out?
There's no middle ground between a circular fisheye and a full frame one really.
It feels unlikely that it is already a full-frame one at 11mm - the Canon 8-15mm f/4 is not for instance.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Not all fisheye optics work the same way. The Samyang 12mm f2.8 gives a different projection than "normal" 15/16mm FF fisheye lenses from other manufacturers, so it fills the frame at 12mm. I suspect this Meike does something similar at 11mm?
Then again, the AOV table is a bit odd, in its numbers. If we only look at, and are to believe the, numbers for FF, the (whole) corners will be black at 11mm.
Klaus, there's only one way to find out. [Image: icon_deal.gif]