Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panasonic/Fuji to release the world's first 8K organic sensor with global shutter
Panasonic (in collaboration with Fuji) is going to release the world's first 8K organic sensor for their video camera (L-mount) in 2019.

https://translate.google.com/translate?s...026-1.html

It will feature a global shutter as well as greater DR than conventional sensors.
Additionally, it will include an electronic ND filter.

On paper it seems amazing, but I take it with a bucket of salt until we actually see the product and how it performs.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
(10-29-2018, 04:27 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: Panasonic (in collaboration with Fuji) is going to release the world's first 8K organic sensor for their video camera (L-mount) in 2019.

https://translate.google.com/translate?s...026-1.html

It will feature a global shutter as well as greater DR than conventional sensors.
Additionally, it will include an electronic ND filter.

On paper it seems amazing, but I take it with a bucket of salt until we actually see the product and how it performs.
There have been technical articles on and demonstrations of this technology over the past few years, and I do expect that this will be the greatest step forward in sensor technology since the advent of the CMOS-sensor. Well depth is well beyond what silicon can achieve, which indeed means that DR will be bigger, and noise levels lower. Possibly base ISO will be lower as well. We’ll have to wait and see what is coming of course, and it is going to be the first commercial release, but I do expect it to be about 15% to 25% better than current sensor technology based on what I’ve read (no, don’t have any links handy).

Combine that with a proper global shutter, and I reckon it is going to be a winner.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
I suspect, as is often the case with new technology, there will be some pro and some cons when released..... and version 2 will be better with new pros and new cons.
Bloody hell. You2 got a brand new crystal ball. Big Grin
(10-30-2018, 01:23 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: Bloody hell. You2 got a brand new crystal ball. Big Grin

Yep!! I smashed the old one when it proved worthless and picked this one up. I was told it was extremely reliable.
They didn't make false promises Big Grin Congratulations!
(10-30-2018, 02:34 PM)you2 Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 01:23 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: Bloody hell. You2 got a brand new crystal ball. Big Grin

Yep!! I smashed the old one when it proved worthless and picked this one up. I was told it was extremely reliable.

Hope it comes with dual memory slots. Big Grin