Poll: Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA vs. Samyang Rokinon 35mm f/2.8 AF
Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA
Samyang Rokinon 35mm f/2.8 AF
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA vs. Samyang Rokinon 35mm f/2.8 AF - Thoughts?
Which lens is better? 

Samyang won the TIPA Best CSC Prime Lens award in 2018. From what I have read elsewhere, the optics seem comparable, but Samyang may fall short in terms of autofocus speed and weather sealing:

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/e-mount...-35mm-2-8/

It would great to see a full OpticalLimits review if possible, especially since the Samyang lens costs half as much as its Zeiss alternative...
https://www.lenstip.com/518.11-Lens_revi...mmary.html
Following the Samyang AF 85mm f/1.4 review, I'm a little disillusioned about the quality of Samyang AF lenses ...
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Well the Sony has the better bokeh..........with the Samyang being sharper at the edges........bokeh a bit bubbly though.....my vote goes to the Samyang.

I think that the 85mm F1.4 was a bit of a strange being with it's awful rendering..........whereas the Samyang 135mm F2 lens has some of the best of creamy bokeh out there.
I'm happy with the 14mm F2.8........and the 8mm F3.5 fisheye which went with my sold Pentax gear.........superb flare control!

Samyang have a nasty habit of leaving the distance calibration to the buyer on their manual lenses, who has to post on forums and track down utube videos in order to calibrate infinity distance on the focus ring........
.....construction is criticised too............IMHO they are better built than many........however, it is too early for commenting on the new AF versions.

The Samyang is less than half the price!
(11-06-2018, 09:35 AM)Klaus Wrote: Following the Samyang AF 85mm f/1.4 review, I'm a little disillusioned about the quality of Samyang AF lenses ...

One data point is not enough to draw conclusions methinks. Smile Any chance you might test more of these - including in the E mount? Smile