Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sample Gallery: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 USM L
(11-21-2018, 02:41 PM)you2 Wrote:
(11-21-2018, 09:53 AM)Klaus Wrote: Well. I did actually quite liked it AFTER some customization. Out of the box, I thought WTF.
Whether it could be more than just an interim play depends on the RF 24-105.
That being said - I don't really stick to a system anyway.
The only thing that I can tell for sure is that DSLRs are history for me (but that's hardly news anymore)

As a user how do you compare it to olympus/fuji offerings. Not so much image quality but handling/weight/ease of use et all. Do you enjoy using it or do you find it a drag (even if you like the image quality).

There's no definite answer to this. 

I'd say that in terms of handling, the Panasonic G9 is the best of in the mirrorless group (if you can stand its size) - for me that is.
I also like the Fuji X-T concept - albeit it may be a tad too traditional (like the exp. comp.).
Olympus is Ok but no joyful in my book but it all depends on the specific camera, of course. I don't know them all.
Sony ... hmmmh ... there's too much design over function here in my book. 

If you are an EOS DSLR user, you may be surprised how different the EOS R feels although there are, of course, similarities. Whether YOU could enjoy the EOS R depends on how much you can customize it to your preferences. As mentioned I wasn't happy with the defaults but in the end, I was rather surprised how much I liked it. But keep in mind that I'm a simple guy with a preference for a simple setup. If you change details often, I doubt that that the EOS R is for you.

If you come from EOS (which is where I started my journey back in the days), the Pana G9 will feel more familiar.

The question is whether "familiarity" is really an important thing. I, for one, could live with 9 out of 10 cameras out there. A camera is not the thing that gives me joy - which is why this is a lens testing website ;-)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sample Gallery: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 USM L - by miro - 11-19-2018, 12:45 PM
RE: Sample Gallery: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 USM L - by davidmanze - 11-21-2018, 06:39 PM
RE: Sample Gallery: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 USM L - by Klaus - 11-22-2018, 11:04 AM