Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Sony 70-200f2.8 OSS performance extremely praised true or hoax
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/dxo-tests...ance-class

They are claiming it's the best performance in its class, even better than the legendary Canon equivalent.

Only an objective review by Klaus will tell us how true it is, since lensrentals have another opinion.
Probably a problem on Lensrentals' methodology this time as they have admitted that disconnecting the lens from camera may result in them not focusing correctly. Or simply everyone else is wrong somehow Smile.

I don't see the hoax factor, however the test doesn't compare the latest and highly acclaimed Nikor AF-S 70-200 VR E which many have been raving about and which resolved the focus breathing issue. Either way are you really going to change camera systems for just one zoom lens?

You shoot Canon Tonia, for years their 70-200mm F2.8 was the undisputed king, it still remains a top flight optic, in fact I would chose it if I shot Canon......

Errr.....

Stop press!!

Just to throw some more spices into the soup...

A new Tamron 70-200mm is rumoured to appear soon as part of their recent SP series which no doubt will take the "Tapin console" 

http://photorumors.com/2017/01/24/new-ta...ext-month/

Focus breathing issue cured?  

Swanky.

It makes sense for Tamron to at least adapt some of their most popular lenses to the new standard (like they did with the 90 macro), or outright redesign them (a la the 150-600). I would expect the 15-30 and the 24-70 to be updated within a reasonable timeframe. When / whether they are going to update some of their older fare like the 17-50 and 180 macro is anybody's guess though.  :unsure:

Quote:http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/dxo-tests...ance-class

They are claiming it's the best performance in its class, even better than the legendary Canon equivalent.

Only an objective review by Klaus will tell us how true it is, since lensrentals have another opinion.

Actually I think the best you can hope for are multisubjectiv reviews. Everything else is getting easily fundamentalistic megalomanic discourse. ;-P
Tamron's truly stepping up to the plate and rivaling the best producers!

It was a few years back I moaned about the look of their fluted rubber gold ringed plastic lenses, they just didn't look premium and  the level of construction wasn't at all rugged, the SP series brings the whole level of construction with some metal included (I like metal lenses) and solidity that matches the optics.

Looking forward to see how their 70-200mm SP model shapes up in all departments, focus breathing included, apparently their 24-70mm only reaches 45mm close up. The lenses price point will obviously attract much attention in this recent round of wide aperture tele-zooms.

The Tapin console completes the ability calibrate from home instead of sending in lenses and all the cost and "palaver"  of sending parcels worrying whether Canikon had calibrated the lenses properly.

Looks like there's another round of 70-200mm lenses to review next to the Nikon.

I'm lensed out to the max agogo at this present time for buying new glass....but as I've always said:

"my real strong point is in fact my weakness"!