Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
After many years here at PZ/OL.......
(12-10-2018, 01:34 PM)JJ_SO Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 01:19 AM)davidmanze Wrote: OK, keep them coming  .........BC......JoJu....??

I'm traveling in Portugal right now. Enjoying the waves and the bloody birds and loads of nice chats. My recent pictures are here: https://sojujo.smugmug.com/Recent-Aktuelles/

A wide range of shots there JoJu!......... you seem to like architectural images......and landscapes.....

I was hoping to see some from your Tammy A022 G2........ I think the moon is one...

......and some sweet macros.....a flying butterfly no less........

.............is that you on your green bike?

Keep it up and thanks for posting!

BTW. I don't get the buzz for smugmug.......very limited........and no zoom......meh! Flickr is so much more versatile!
(12-12-2018, 08:30 AM)davidmanze Wrote: A wide range of shots there JoJu!......... you seem to like architectural images......and landscapes.....

I was hoping to see some from your Tammy A022 G2........ I think the moon is one...

......and some sweet macros.....a flying butterfly no less........

.............is that you on your green bike?

Keep it up and thanks for posting!

BTW. I don't get the buzz for smugmug.......very limited........and no zoom......meh!   Flickr is so much more versatile!

Thank you, David. Didn't you check out the little button down right side with the 3 rectangles? Wink To me Flickr was more limited when I were looking for a possibility to have online galleries, but a photo stream would be nice to have. SmugMug's abilities are very limited here, from time to time I have to update the time range of the "recent taken pictures" gallery. Can't organize it the way "show all pictures added in the last 3 months" or so.

I don't know of any "buzz for SmugMug" - before I tried Apple's MobileMe until they closed down the galleries, before that Picasa, which was just ugly but functional. 

About the Tammy G2: I was not too happy about the results with it I brought back from Portugal. Even in good light the results were not up to my expectations. I think about getting the 500 PF instead.
(12-11-2018, 08:50 PM)toni-a Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 01:04 AM)marcello Wrote: here my works, mainly landscapes and potraits.

500px link

https://500px.com/marcello_donofrio

my instagram

https://www.instagram.com/marcello.donofrio/

I can see you have been to North Lebanon, Batroun has always been my preferred city for photography.
I will be there taking photos on Friday.

Yes! i love Lebanon, I can never be so bored of coming back. I have been everywhere on the coast from the Israel Border to the Syrian on the north. Such a fantastic Country

.jpg   anfehdec2018_0062_DxO.jpg (Size: 148.58 KB / Downloads: 26)
After seeing Marcello's photos i was encouraged to go to Batroun city or more precisely Anfeh nearby
will be shooting tomorrow
this photo was taken tonight from my hotel balcony practically black viewfinder, black LCD in live view so  framing was by approximation, minor focus stacking with 2 shots no metering done, bulb exposure plus luck
my first moonset shot
(12-12-2018, 11:10 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: About the Tammy G2: I was not too happy about the results with it I brought back from Portugal. Even in good light the results were not up to my expectations. I think about getting the 500 PF instead.

OK found the triple rectangles........it doesn't really flow well though!

What were the problems with the Tammy............
                                                                       ......prey tell?
(12-14-2018, 10:10 AM)davidmanze Wrote:
(12-12-2018, 11:10 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: About the Tammy G2: I was not too happy about the results with it I brought back from Portugal. Even in good light the results were not up to my expectations. I think about getting the 500 PF instead.

......prey tell?

I like that it doens't flow like Flickr, but it keeps the size while browsing until I choose it.

Tammy: Even in well lit conditions the pics stand out in a bad way. Low contrast, sharpness not up to 300 PF. My mid-term plan is, to rent a 500 PF or even a 200-500 and see how these do, but first I need to get back the D850 from repair. Own fault, dropped it, back cover got damaged. While the camera still works well, I would no longer dare to use it in snowfall or rain conditions.
The response to posting some of our images has been reasonable here............and it would be nice to see some your Canon images BC!

I'm sure it would be a nice Christmas present to us all!
Sorry dave, not interested in this kind of thread here...
(12-14-2018, 10:32 AM)JJ_SO Wrote:
(12-14-2018, 10:10 AM)davidmanze Wrote:

......prey tell?

I like that it doesn't flow like Flickr, but it keeps the size while browsing until I choose it.

Tammy: Even in well lit conditions the pics stand out in a bad way. Low contrast, sharpness not up to 300 PF. My mid-term plan is, to rent a 500 PF or even a 200-500 and see how these do, but first I need to get back the D850 from repair. Own fault, dropped it, back cover got damaged. While the camera still works well, I would no longer dare to use it in snowfall or rain conditions.

Strange, as I had stated before I've found the G2 very in terms of contrast........better than my Nikon 500mm F4D!

Of course the 500mm PF is very tempting!