Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun thread: your ideal camera/lens lineup '2017
Camera

Fuji X-E3, featuring the same specs as an X-T20 but with an EVF the size of the one in the X-T1 or X-T2. Ideally, the body should be smaller than the XE-2. I find the size of a Panasonic GX80/85 to be perfect for my hands.

Lenses

I'm not very thrilled with the line of f/2 lenses produced by Fuji. Yes, they are great optically, but I don't like their form factor.

I wish Fuji would have gone the pancake route, ala Pentax. Clearly, they designed these lenses with the X-Pro in mind (to not obstruct the OVF)... That's a bummer.

Anyway, since a set of pancakes is not gonna happen, here is what I hope for:
  • New version of the 18mm f/2 pancake. Same size but much better IQ. Tack sharp at f/5.6 which is not the case of the current version.
  • New version of the 35mm f/1.4. Same size and optics but with current AF tech.
  • A true 1:1 90 or 100mm f/2.8 macro
  • A 27mm f/2 pancake lens. Ideally, the same size as the Canon 22mm f/2. I really lust for this Canon lens... ;-)
Wild dream

Fuji to design and incorporate IBIS tech as good as Oly's in their latest cameras so they could get rid of all OIS lenses (simpler design, more reliable, etc.). However, given the lack of space in the mount it seems to be next to impossible.

--Florent

Flickr gallery

Messages In This Thread
Fun thread: your ideal camera/lens lineup '2017 - by davidmanze - 01-23-2017, 08:35 PM
Fun thread: your ideal camera/lens lineup '2017 - by thxbb12 - 01-23-2017, 09:14 PM