Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor: Fujinon XC 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Pancake Power Zoom
I wonder what I would do with a 22.5-67.5 FL which is so slow that in "tele"-range you click one stop down and are already entering the land of diffraction. But then, I'm not used to 24-70 lenses and the closest to that (the pretty mediocre Nikon 24-85 with tons of distortion) I sold rather quick.

thxbb12, the lack of an aperture ring would bring the otherwise useless front-dial back to life. But this is something I feel very confusing, the whole lens line-up is a big collection of different concept: some have an aperture ring, some don't. The aperture rings sometimes have numbers on it and an "A" position, sometimes not - so no display of f-number. Some have distance rings with a clutch and a distance scale, others are without, all are focus by wire. But the clutched ones behave differently in override situation. With the AF-switch on M and an assigned AF-ON button I can accidentally initialize AF - although I thought to set the camera to manual mode.

Really the only consitency I could discover is that there's a collection of functions and Fuji uses them with not much of a plan.  Sad I'm very grateful that Nikon at least here is very straightforward.

Messages In This Thread
Rumor: Fujinon XC 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Pancake Power Zoom - by JJ_SO - 01-31-2018, 09:34 AM