Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama official photo taken with 5dMKII Trump it's 1Ds MKIII
Older camera bodies are still doing well and functioning.

Please no politics involved here

Obama picture was taken with a 5DMKII, Trump it's 1Ds MKIII even an older camera body... to make things even more striking the lens used it's 70-200f2.8 IS MKI not the newer version

Ok it's a little bit noisy at ISO 640 and whatever you want to say or complain however it's the presidential portrait that will be reprinted thousand if not millions of times, and we are still discussing image quality here....

Once again please  no politics

you can check the exif

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whiteho...0Color.jpg

Trump!

Oh you mean that figure who half of the world is already protesting against!

Remember: no politics (after all, the guy got elected somehow). The picture looks odd to me, like not much is really sharp / in focus. I would have probably stopped down a lot to have all of the face, and as much as possible of the costume to be in the plane of sharp focus. But what do I know. Smile

But that means I could keep my 70-200/2.8 L IS - if it's good enough to be used to shoot the POTUS, then it's probably good enough for me. Smile

Toni-A, if you come up with pure fanboy-crap of which Canon on some event used on this US president who won although close to 3 millions voters less than his opponent, and whose official PR manager barked to the press, "there was more people at inauguration than ever people" which is another blatant lie, then it's just missing a lot more serious problems.

Seeing what this idiot already did, said and how he behaved, makes the choice of camera for his official portrait such a ridiculous thing - I only ask "why starting a thread for this useless information?"

Quote:Toni-A, if you come up with pure fanboy-crap of which Canon on some event used on this US president who won although close to 3 millions voters less than his opponent, and whose official PR manager barked to the press, "there was more people at inauguration than ever" which is another blatant lie, then it's just missing a lot more serious problems.

Seeing what this idiot already did, said and how he behaved, makes the choice of camera for his official portrait such a ridiculous thing - I only ask "why starting a thread for this useless information?"
  Absolutely JoJu!!

I'm sure your intentions photographically were good Toni, but given the situation overall and the feelings created around the world, I think it would have been prudent to have thought twice about posting which camera was used by whom!

I am not a US citizen, he's not president of my country, so I am not concerned.

It's about a camera and lens now considered outdated that had the shot selected amongst all others, it's to say that it's not always the ultimate image quality(even when it's readily available) that comes first.
Looking at the actual image, the Predator Trump image is not good at all. Noise (IQ) wise, pose wise, photographer wise. So what exactly did come first? Incompetence? Well, that is fitting, actually.

Well, I'm with Toni on this one, even though that guy is still relevant to the rest of the world by the virtue of being in the most powerful position on Earth (and believe me, in the years that I've been watching the politics the person and the party affiliation of the erstwhile POTUS has been making surprisingly little difference for the sheer vector of the US policy towards the rest of the world, especially for those on the receiving end of the said policy and its *ahem* politico-military extension). Smile

Quote:I am not a US citizen, he's not president of my country, so I am not concerned.

It's about a camera and lens now considered outdated that had the shot selected amongst all others, it's to say that it's not always the ultimate image quality(even when it's readily available) that comes first.

To research cameras of celebrity pictures, you can choose any other politician, Toni. Sorry, you don't get away so easily with this crap.

What matters more than cameras, is how president Trump will use pictures which fit his lies.

See for yourself: https://twitter.com/kylebuchanan/status/822492155809656833/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw 

Trump uses a stock picture from Obama's inauguration to "prove" there were a lot more people on his than actually were - except all the white parts were Ku-Klux-clan members wearing their uniforms. We will witness truth faking more than ever before. Sure we can use our skills and check EXIF or other traces a quick and dirty photo-"retouch" can do. But who cares? He produces more lies than there is truth in a day.

I don't care either about U.S., they got the president they deserve and elected. But Trump is just bad news for the whole world, not only the part you're living in.

https://petapixel.com/2017/01/21/preside...-portrait/