Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Olympus E-M1X specs leaked
I'm not complaining for me (of course I'm not going to buy one) I'm commenting because at it's price at the very least they could have put a 3.6 dot EVF in it and a decent rear LCD (2.3 MPs).....they are claiming flagship status and using last generation bits .....at $3,000 it should have had them....a deception.

How's your Z7 3.6 dot EVF and your 2.3 Mps rear screen? very nice I bet!..........would you have been just as happy with last gen units?

Jarrod Polin just underlined exactly what I said on this very thread.....

BTW. An animal eye AF FW has just come out for the A9....and soon to be released for the A6400.....which by the way is making big waves...at 899 dollars....nice!
(01-25-2019, 07:12 PM)davidmanze Wrote: ...
How's your Z7 3.6 dot EVF and your 2.3 Mps rear screen?  very nice I bet!..........would you have been just as happy with last gen units?      

Jarrod Polin just underlined exactly what I said on this very thread.....

BTW. An animal eye AF FW has just come out for the A9....and soon to be released for the A6400.....which by the way is making big waves...at 899 dollars....nice!

My Z7 is doing nicely - but the EVF has to deal with a 3.85 × bigger sensor area, so in terms of details the smaller EVF of the E-M1X shows more. Everything is relative  Wink  

And Jared entitled himself as a µ 4/3 hater, so his show is not that much of a surprise. He needed to show his biceps when he reviewed the Sigma 60-600 (btw. , crap at 60 mm but great at 600). I don't hate µ 4/3, I mostly ignore it because I feel more at home with FF and I like buttons I don't have to use my fingernails to push them. To me, that E-M1X (I read E-Mix...) would be alright in size.
"My Z7 is doing nicely - but the EVF has to deal with a 3.85 × bigger sensor area, so in terms of details the smaller EVF of the E-M1X shows more. Everything is relative".

Your theory is like a Swiss emental cheese............full of holes!......... ha ha!
but tasty, while your laughter is as empty as the French treasury  Tongue
oops!
Dave, it's simply math: Z7 has roughly 47 MP (EVF: 3.69 MP) , Oly 20 (EVF: 2.36MP). So, if I don't enlarge the EVF-view, the (MP-wise) smaller EVF of the Oly can show more detail. But it's laggy and apparently also not very true with colours and black tones, so the Oly has a worse EVF.
Wow, JuJo. Just wow. You argue that a lower resolution monitor shows more detail than a higher resolution. Because why? Because you show a downsampled 20 mp image on the lower resolution screen, and a downsampled 47 mp image on the higher resolution screen.

Yeah, sure....
The EVF doesn't know anything about what sensor is feeding it.........it gets it's signal and produces an image accordingly.........all sensors will outperform their EVFs easily........

With a tighter pixel density the Nikon Z6 gets a nice 3.6 Mdot "OLED" EVF...........giving a cleaner more convincing image with better detail....+ 2.1 Mdot rear screen.........

...and is $2,000!

The Olympus has the older 2.36 Mdot "LED" EVF which cannot match the Nikon for detail, apparently just looks less convincing having traces of the pixel grid-work showing through according Froknows photos........coupled with a I million dot screen.....remember those?.

Just to run a comparison the Sony A6400 (currently getting some rave reviews) uses the same resolution but an OLED EVF as the Oly and the same resolution rear LCD.......

.........and it's $899!
It doesn't matter what the EVF knows. Fact is, the lower res EVF has to deal with a much smaller sensor with less detail than the bigger one shows. Therefore the bigger sensor doesn't benefit as much of the higher resolving EVF. You were asking about the Z 7, dave. Not the Z 6... And BC, downsampling is something both cameras share in common, so you just need to look at the downsampling rate. 20/2.36 = 8.474 sensorpixels get on 1 EVF pixel. 46.7/3.69 = 12.656 get on 1 EVF pixel. All I'm saying is, without any zoom function, I see less details of the final picture in my EVF than an Olympus user.
Without any zoom function, you see more detail in the EVF with the Z7/6/EOS R than an Olympus user. No matter which sensor.