Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice effect (home, sweet home)
https://vimeo.com/90180971

Wow, I had no idea Sydney was so full of people.  I live in the coastal town of Santa Cruz, CA, but it's a small city.  A ghost town compared to Sydney.  I'm not sure if all that energy wouldn't be fun.  So much going on!

For a second, I thought it said Time Fleas!

Quote:Wow, I had no idea Sydney was so full of people.  I live in the coastal town of Santa Cruz, CA, but it's a small city.  A ghost town compared to Sydney.  I'm not sure if all that energy wouldn't be fun.  So much going on!

For a second, I thought it said Time Fleas!

It's not a bad place to be! I live here.

But there is a whole wonderful continent that lies vastly beyond Sydney's sandstone escarpment.

The tilt and shift effect is striking quite nice, how could they zoom with tilt and shift ?
It's a menu setting, no real optical tilt and shift.

But still, "how did they zoom" is a good question. As I don't know of standard zooms which can be part of timelapse movement like sliders or pan-heads triggered by stepping motors. Maybe post production?

Both the zooming and the "tilt shift" blurring can be done with post processing.  They make time lapse photos with much higher resolution than the video uses, so you can Ken Burns the heck out of them for this zoom effect.