Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Panasonic announcement is out
The L-mount has already more lenses to choose from (without an adapter) than the current offerings of Nikon and Canon. I don't see why Sigma should prioritize it? They can adapt the other 22 Art lenses to L-mount like they did with some of them for Sony mount, but then they're still heavy bricks.

I don't know if they'll make it in time to the party or if the 187 MP (or what remains of it in real world prints) doesn't attract potential customers more than a Sigma Foveon FF. Sigma has limited resources, I wonder what their next moves will be. But for sure they will offer a mount conversion service which makes sense for longer FL. However, If I had knew the specs of the Panasonics, I doubt I would go on with Nikon. Right now, investing in mirrorless FF appears to be like gambling with shares.

The good thing (being in my shoes) is, the Panasonic lacks of fully articulated LCD and I already do have two big and heavy DLSRs, I don't need one more big and heavy MILC that much. But if I'd be a videographer... Panasonic offers a battery grip, a very interesting set of mikes with phantom power supply (it appears), a much larger battery and three initially new and native lenses. With already 1150 comments on it there is some noise in the net generated by this new thing. One concern is, Samsung also once made a new thing...

Messages In This Thread
Official Panasonic announcement is out - by Klaus - 02-01-2019, 11:32 AM
RE: Official Panasonic announcement is out - by JJ_SO - 02-03-2019, 10:40 AM